• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

News Océ Arizona Tips #2. - Cloning HDD

NorthControl

Hi Guys,

(First, sorry for my grammar. Im not talented in languages..)

Somebody asked me, Have I got any solution for extend the original inks expiring time.
I remember that time, when I also got this problem with original inks. Sometimes when I buy this very expensive ink bags, it dispalys: I have only 3 months left.

If you have the same problem, here is a solution in 2 words: TIME SHIFT

Since the NFC chip store the manufacture and expire dates int DD/MM/YY format, therefore it can not be change. Instead of this, we should going back in the time (not as Marty McFly did).

Basically:

1. Make an image copy from your drive, with a special backup software
2. NOTE this date, as the date of your backup made
3. Use your printer as before for the next 1 month.
4. Reload your image into the harddrive
3. Set your bios date into the next day, when you did the backup

That's all!

Here is the long, and detailed method:

1. Finish your printing jobs, and delete all ripped jobs from the printer.
2. Turn off
3. Pull out your HDD from ARIZONA
4. Put the HDD into a pc, with clone software. I bought, and used the HDClone 4.3 from Miray Software (Germany)

HDclone.jpg

5. Make an image file from the ENTIRE HDD. I recommend to use the DATE in the filename too. Mandatory to know the backup date!
6. If you have the original BLUE WD hdd, it is the time to change! Buy a new PURPLE type WD HDD, or other you want!

Hdd-WDPurple.jpg

7. Write the image to the new HDD with the software. If you have bigger capacity HDD than original, let the software to adjust the partitions automatically.
8. Put the original HDD into a safe place, and write the current DATE into it's cover. (later it can be help)
9. Put the NEW HDD into your arizona
10. Power-on, and use the printer as before (the new HDD should be working as the original!)

11. *** wait 1 month, or any time you like ***

12. Finish all your printing jobs, because all new data will be lost, when you restore from your Image file!
10. Power-off your printer
11. Pull out the HDD and take it into the PC
12. Use the same software to write back the image file into the HDD
13. Put a keyboard into the internal PC's USB port, or PS2 keyboard port (if have)
14. NO(!) put the HDD into the Arizona yet, just power-up the machine
15. On the very first screen press F2 (on 350 machine) to enter the BIOS. (Other machines maybe F12,DEL, etc... if the F2 not works)

Enter-Bios.jpg

16. Set the system date to ONE DAY LATER when you did the backup. Let the time to shows the currently time.

BIOSTIME.jpg

17. Save the BIOS settings and escape!
18. POWER-OFF the machine
19. Put the new HDD into the machine
20. Remove the keyboard.
21. Power on the machine, and enjoy!

I use this method in all my Arizona machines.
You get a lot of advantages with this trick, these are:
- You have a safety copy from your harddrive
- You can change your harddrive into a bigger - faster one
- You have extra time to use your inks

Disadvantages:
- If you should change someting in the registry in the "waiting period", it will be lost if you just simple backup later!
This means, if any changes happen in the whole system after the backup date, like: Heads timing setting, Head replace, board changes, firmware updates, SDS parameter changes, etc... all will be lost!
So, if you know, you must doing a head change for example, you should back in the time, do the head replace, and finally do a new image backup!

I hope this method would be helps a lot.

Have a nice day, and thank you for reading!

GregK

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member
Hi Greg,
You have a lot of skill, that's for sure! But there might be a better way.

I know Canon's ink sometimes arrives with only 3 months before expiration. Lipla UV ink, an economical and popular alternative, generally arrives with a 2-year expiration date.

You can also purchase RFID chips for your Oce that work for up to 2 liters each, effectively giving older ink bags new life.

All things considered, I think either changing ink and/or buying RFID chips are easier than cloning an HDD, etc.

Though I totally agree with you, a WD Purple/Black HDD is much better than the default WD Blue.

Last edited:

NorthControl

Hi Greg,
You have a lot of skill, that's for sure! But there might be a better way.

I know Canon's ink sometimes arrives with only 3 months before expiration. Lipla UV ink, an economical and popular alternative, generally arrives with a 2-year expiration date.

You can also purchase RFID chips for your Oce that work for up to 2 liters each, effectively giving older ink bags new life.

All things considered, I think either changing ink and/or buying RFID chips are easier than cloning an HDD, etc.

Though I totally agree with you, a WD Purple/Black HDD is much better than the default WD Blue.

Thank you, Sir! :)

About inks:

Currently we are running a special Spectra-head based UV ink in all of my Arizonas. This the same type ink using in EFI, VUTEK, GANDINNOVATIONS, etc... top machines. Perfect quality, European manufacturer. The price is less than a half of original. It have wider color gamut than IJC-256.

This ink is not compatibly with toshiba-tec heads (arizona) for first look. But I modificated my Arizona ink parameters, as printing at 38 degree, (instead of 47) and use different vacuum settings... Printing in lower temperature is an advantage... (your can check the "ink temperature" in my previous video about 350 LED). Almost forget: Totally LED compatible.

Previously, I used inks from Marabu as DLE-A (for LED systems), DUV-A, DUV-GR. Good inks, but we have issues with this, weak color gamut and very matte surface. DLE-A has a black-ink can cure into the nozzles, I dont know why....

Be well,
GregK

NorthControl

Hi Guys,

If somebody would have 360 XT or GT drive backup, that would be so great. I would be so grateful.

Thanks in advance,
GregK

Deymos1981

There is another way. On Windows, you must go to the mmc console. and there you are solely responsible for the ban to change the time for all users, including the administrator. If you can do it, so the date is what you specify it .

Deymos1981

There is another simple way.
1. go to the date / time menu. I have a time zone of +2.
2. set the time 0:00
3. change the time zone to -13 (you have already minus one day)
4. set the time 0:00
5. change time zone to +2
...... and so many many times))))
I did that when the oce was under warranty

NorthControl

You are a pro! ;-)
Thanks for these ideas!

For my Arizonas not enought to change the time and date for winXP or in bios, unfortunately. Since, it has true time-stamps wroted into some registry parameters, like counters, filter change ,bleed times and some more important keys. Altough, they are in Oce's coded format, it can be change, and set back the time 10 years, if you like.

At this point, I just would like to say, I think we not need to write everything to here. :)

Deymos1981

You are a pro! ;-)
Thanks for these ideas!

For my Arizonas not enought to change the time and date for winXP or in bios, unfortunately. Since, it has true time-stamps wroted into some registry parameters, like counters, filter change ,bleed times and some more important keys. Altough, they are in Oce's coded format, it can be change, and set back the time 10 years, if you like.

At this point, I just would like to say, I think we not need to write everything to here. :)

On my Arizone isn't it? It doesn't matter. Well, OK. If it will be interesting, I will tell.