• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

News Océ Arizona Tips #3. - RMO trolley

NorthControl

Hey Guys,

I have a good solution, if you have the following issues with handling your rolls on RMO.:

- need 2 people to change a heavy or long roll, but only you are the one who works. :)
- need to put the rolls (with bar) into other table to change the rolls on RMO bars. (sometime on to the flatbed, what is very-very bad idea)
- need to change the rolls very often, and this is unconfortable...

My solution is:
- from very cheap matterials
- you can do it yourself (DIY)
- very confortable
- reduce the risk of damage of the machine
- all documentation is free

I could post here a complete solution, just need some people who are really interested.
(because I dont want to work, if nobody interested in it.. :)

Be well, and thanks for reading,

GregK

Bly

I'd like to see it.
We usually just use two people and a dolly to move heavy rolls around.

On a related subject - has anyone had success printing 2m wide banners on the RMO without getting marks in the print from the media tunnelling up?

Martin Radev

My printing team consists of only 2 people. Sometimes one of them is not available. They often have change media rolls of our Oce Arizona and/or HP latex alone. Can you post a helping solution for the Oce Arizona? It could save us a lot of loading time

Classic1935

Hey Guys,

I have a good solution, if you have the following issues with handling your rolls on RMO.:

- need 2 people to change a heavy or long roll, but only you are the one who works. :)
- need to put the rolls (with bar) into other table to change the rolls on RMO bars. (sometime on to the flatbed, what is very-very bad idea)
- need to change the rolls very often, and this is unconfortable...

My solution is:
- from very cheap matterials
- you can do it yourself (DIY)
- very confortable
- reduce the risk of damage of the machine
- all documentation is free

I could post here a complete solution, just need some people who are really interested.
(because I dont want to work, if nobody interested in it.. :)

Be well, and thanks for reading,

GregK
Hi Greg,

Please post it. We need some solution for occasionaly night shift when only one operator stay in shop. And change the roll on Arizona alone is quite hard or evem imposible if you take a new, full roll.
Thank's!
U.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I'd like to see it.
We usually just use two people and a dolly to move heavy rolls around.

On a related subject - has anyone had success printing 2m wide banners on the RMO without getting marks in the print from the media tunnelling up?

Yes. I used high tension and low heat on the lamps.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

NorthControl

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your kind interesting about my RMO Trolley! :)

Here I show you, how can we doing the roll changes with this simple tool!

RMOTrolley.jpg

You can found a complete step-by-step guide in the attached (downloadable) .pdf

Basic Steps:

Trolley-Basic-Steps.jpg

It is also working good, with the UPPER rolls too (on the same way).

As you can see, this is a very-very simple tool. We used at least 5mm thick Silicone rubber in the surface (the gray color). That is very important, because it need to hold the roll softly, when it stays on the trolley's edge.
If you work with the longest and heaviest rolls, this surface is also important to keep the trolley fix, and not let it slide out.

Here is the dimensions, for manufacturing (mm):

Drawing.jpg

The most important measure is the height of the trolley. It should be around 300-310mm from the ground.
So, I recommend use small wheels, instead of biger ones. All weels should be turn-around completly, this is also important.

We made it from a simple wood-board construction. (18mm thick panels).

I hope, it will be so helpfully for you, guys!

If you have any questions, just ask!

Thank you for reading,

GregK

Attachments

• RMO Trolley.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 239

jwmurphy

Guys,

I just wondering how like you this solution? Are there somebody who want to make this?

Thanks,
GregK

GregK - this is AWESOME! As soon as my Fuji up and running I'm going to take these great plans and make it. I am a one-man shop (and I'm getting old) so this will be perfect for me! Thank you for taking the time to do all of this. You have some great ideas! :u rock:

NorthControl

GregK - this is AWESOME! As soon as my Fuji up and running I'm going to take these great plans and make it. I am a one-man shop (and I'm getting old) so this will be perfect for me! Thank you for taking the time to do all of this. You have some great ideas! :u rock:

Thank you very mutch, Sir! :) I'm glad to help.