• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help OCE 1280XT Flush lines

Caren Hines

Hello all,
I have a Arizona OCE 1280XT Flatbed. And on it we have the two extra ports for Varnish.
We have been using those for "extra" Magenta and Cyan as the service rep suggested since we weren't going to do the Varnish.

Well, my question is, how do I flush out those lines to replace the two and now start using the varnish?
I know I defiantly need to replace the two filter but after that I'm clueless.
I assume I use the "Flush" and a syringe but, how do I get it through those lines etc?
Thanks again for your help in advance!
Caren

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Not exactly sure how the 1280 screen looks (we have a 360), but if you go into the Tools & Utilities screen, there should be some flush options available in there.
You'll need a flush kit from Oce (bag of ink full of flush) and some filters.

Caren Hines

Not exactly sure how the 1280 screen looks (we have a 360), but if you go into the Tools & Utilities screen, there should be some flush options available in there.
You'll need a flush kit from Oce (bag of ink full of flush) and some filters.

Thanks a bunch!
Didn't want to spend $1,000+ to have a Canon Tech come out to do something I figured would be simple.
Another question, once I do that how does it recognize that it has been changed over and, when I do the morning test etc.. How will it go about doing that as well. Does it print out the varnish every time like the colors? If you know.
Sorry to be a pain..

Last edited:

AlsEU

Do you have 6 or 8 channels installed in the machine? If you have 8, but only 6 are used now, you may add white and varnish or double white (but NOT double varnish).
When you connect the varnish pouch to the proper channel, the conversion wizard should be started - it will tell you, whether the short or long flush procedure is required (it depends on the ink you have now and the ink you want to use instead). If the short procedure is required, you need to connect the new ink and the firmware will do the job, ink filter doesn't have to be replaced. Long flush requires a special adaptor and the container of flush (and the new ink filter). Channels with the ink circulation (W or V) requires approx. 90 minutes for each to be converted (when converted by an experienced guy).
After the conversion V channel will work like any other - will be printing own part of the nozzle test and should be maintained as W channel.