• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Arizona 365gt z axis error

JoeMedia

Just installed a used Arizona 365gt printer. problem we’re getting the attached error but it triggers on the z axis (displays a z axis error). If we reset the error, it will move up and down on the z but error out again. The bed is perfectly leveled and the z axis motors move freely. If I use a micrometer and measure the z height on both sides they match as well. Oce suggested it may be a dirty z encoder but I don’t see a encoder strip. Any ideas? 9E198978-F0FC-47D8-9263-A89602874DC1.jpeg

AlsEU

Z-axis encoders are integrated with the motors at both ends of the carriage (they are rotary encoders, not linear). It would be good to enter the SDS menu and compare readings from both encoders, but the service key is required. Very often a reason for the Z-axis errors is a small plastic element located under the motor - the motor's shaft rotates through this element raising the carriage. When it's old, it may crack. Search for the spare part 3010122744, the part number of the Z-axis motor, this plastic is included in the set, but you may purchase it as a separate part. You will see this plastic on the motor's shaft (here it's white).
1666298556529.png