• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Arizona 480gt register file.

dekaltrim

Hi!

I have a Fuji Advance printer. Same as 480gt. Is it possible to change ink-type to OCE in windows register and use OCE-ink?

Is someone with OCE 4xx printer willing to share registerfile? So i can compare?

Best regards, Klas

AlsEU

In theory, it's not possible - firmware recognising the printer as Fujifilm's should accept only the inks supplied by Fuji. The same is for the Oce Arizona printer. Why do you want to switch to Oce inks?

dekaltrim

In theory, it's not possible - firmware recognising the printer as Fujifilm's should accept only the inks supplied by Fuji. The same is for the Oce Arizona printer. Why do you want to switch to Oce inks?
Ok. I was thinking printer has no firmware and all settings was in windows registry. I am Still learning...

We also have a Oce Arizona 2260XT and have ink on stock for this printer. I already use OCE ink with sticker-labeltags and disable rfid on bags. So my idea was to jump this step.

ToTo

Professional Support
Rfid board is different between FF and OCE. Manufacturer is also stored on HDD, DataRelay and SystemControl pca. If one is replaced it gets the code of the two others.
What do you need are two oce rfid pca, a backup of your registry, a registry of exact same Océ model and a data relay of exact same Oce model for some minutes

dekaltrim

Rfid board is different between FF and OCE. Manufacturer is also stored on HDD, DataRelay and SystemControl pca. If one is replaced it gets the code of the two others.
What do you need are two oce rfid pca, a backup of your registry, a registry of exact same Océ model and a data relay of exact same Oce model for some minutes
Ok. Then I understand. Thanks for the clarification.
I debugged through Bellingham with X64dbg and realized that they have done everything to protect their interests. :(

ToTo

Professional Support
Some stuff can still be accessed. But you need to have insider information. Someone who knows rfid-communication

Technician

Drive it hard
I think you should lift the question to canon and asking if they are willing to help. Maybe they think it can be legal problem between Fuji and Canon To help you with that. But you own the machine and should able to decide.
You will need a one time use service dongle to do it correctly. And only way to get it is from Canon. There are probably other ways to get around it but you will have problems to get service help from them if needed one day

AlsEU

Physical RFID boards are exactly the same in both Canon and Fuji printers - the firmware recognizes, which printer is installed on and starts the proper version. Inks were supplied by Fuji in the same pouches with RFID chips (pouches for both companies were filled from the same tanks). Only covers colours were different and SDS keys - Canon keys were working only with Canon printers and so on.

john kelsey

Ok. I was thinking printer has no firmware and all settings was in windows registry. I am Still learning...

We also have a Oce Arizona 2260XT and have ink on stock for this printer. I already use OCE ink with sticker-labeltags and disable rfid on bags. So my idea was to jump this step.
I was getting the same thoughts

john kelsey

Then I got recommendation from my friend has quite good experience in printers industry and got a good product, using it for 2 years still working fine for me.

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member
I have a Fuji Advance printer. Same as 480gt. Is it possible to change ink-type to OCE in windows register and use OCE-ink?
It isn't possible, but you can replace the printer's index in the SDS menu, so it becomes to recognize itself as an Oce or just use the chips. In this case, you have to destroy the original RFID ring on an ink bag and stick the right chip to the RFID board instead.

Senots

Hi!

Is someone with OCE 4xx printer willing to share registerfile? So i can compare?

Best regards, Klas
It is possible to use Fujifilm inks in Canon printers or the otherway. You have to use RFID chips, which you can buy "Canon/Oce Arizona UV Flatbed RFID Ink Chips" I have seen a Canon printer which was printing with as well Canon ink as Fujifilm inks

Senots

It isn't possible, but you can replace the printer's index in the SDS menu, so it becomes to recognize itself as an Oce or just use the chips. In this case, you have to destroy the original RFID ring on an ink bag and stick the right chip to the RFID board instead.
The printer index: is this in the service menu is this 21-1-82 OEM Tag, which you have to change