• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Arizona 660XT Profile

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Does anyone have a profile they like for the Oce Arizona 660XT using Thrive. I'm looking for Production mode and all of the ones I have through Onyx and through Oce aren't that great.
The reds tend to come out dull and too much on the yellow side, everything seems flat and black colors will come in around 70,70,70,40, which gives a dull grayish black rather than a rich 40,40,40,100 black.
Grays come out greenish and overall just don't look good.
Just wondering if some would be willing to send me one they've done and seem to have better results.
Thanks in advance!

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
Does anyone have a profile they like for the Oce Arizona 660XT using Thrive. I'm looking for Production mode and all of the ones I have through Onyx and through Oce aren't that great.
The reds tend to come out dull and too much on the yellow side, everything seems flat and black colors will come in around 70,70,70,40, which gives a dull grayish black rather than a rich 40,40,40,100 black.
Grays come out greenish and overall just don't look good.
Just wondering if some would be willing to send me one they've done and seem to have better results.
Thanks in advance!
-What kind of ink do you use? 258 will be a bit dull but stick better and more flexible.
- If you can afford for the XT660 then invest a little more on the Eye1 to do your own profile.. You won't be regreted.
- The best way to get max. color gammut of your printer is using no profile at all. The down side is you have to color correct your file just like the old time when there is no ICC around.

chafro

I agree doesn't make sense to have such a nice printer and no spectrophotometer .

The Barbieri LFP is the one to get.

Grizzly

Eye1 Spectrophotometer

-What kind of ink do you use? 258 will be a bit dull but stick better and more flexible.
- If you can afford for the XT660 then invest a little more on the Eye1 to do your own profile.. You won't be regreted.
- The best way to get max. color gammut of your printer is using no profile at all. The down side is you have to color correct your file just like the old time when there is no ICC around.

I use the 256 ink since the color gammut is better. Also, FYI with the 258 ink, it may or may not stick better since I don't have any way to test it, but here is what I heard about it. It has a lower surface energy so when people do the scratch tests the tape doesn't stick as well to the surface of the ink making it seem like it sticks better. It would be interesting to test it on both inks.

I have an Eye1, but here is my thought process. How can both Onyx and Canon make sub-par profiles. Canon especially! Don't they want there own machine to print really well? I was just curious if someone had one that they made, so I could compare and see if it was that much better. If it looked similar, it must just be the printer and ink. If it looked better, I would spend the time and make my own. We bought the machine for a specific purpose and were just not using it that much so I didn't want to spend all the time to make a profile.

Guess I'll make my own though.

I agree doesn't make sense to have such a nice printer and no spectrophotometer .

The Barbieri LFP is the one to get.

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
I use the 256 ink since the color gammut is better. Also, FYI with the 258 ink, it may or may not stick better since I don't have any way to test it, but here is what I heard about it. It has a lower surface energy so when people do the scratch tests the tape doesn't stick as well to the surface of the ink making it seem like it sticks better. It would be interesting to test it on both inks.

I have an Eye1, but here is my thought process. How can both Onyx and Canon make sub-par profiles. Canon especially! Don't they want there own machine to print really well? I was just curious if someone had one that they made, so I could compare and see if it was that much better. If it looked similar, it must just be the printer and ink. If it looked better, I would spend the time and make my own. We bought the machine for a specific purpose and were just not using it that much so I didn't want to spend all the time to make a profile.

Guess I'll make my own though.
With 256 ink you should have an excellent color gamut. You could even print Coke red with it :)).. This is how I test the printer before we buy it...Print a test chart without profile.. the ink will show the true color without any alter from the ICC profile.. If you don't have the color you want then you know the profile somehow altered the output.. Now come the twisting part of ICC..a little more headache ..luckily I never have to do this... With "can" profile from Canon or Oce you don't expect it come perfect because it simply can not be done (without a big cost). They use another printer to do the profiling. The material and condition of that printer is different from the one that you bought...
Hope this would help.

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
With 256 ink you should have an excellent color gamut. You could even print Coke red with it :)).. This is how I test the printer before we buy it...Print a test chart without profile.. the ink will show the true color without any alter from the ICC profile.. If you don't have the color you want then you know the profile somehow altered the output.. Now come the twisting part of ICC..a little more headache ..luckily I never have to do this... With "can" profile from Canon or Oce you don't expect it come perfect because it simply can not be done (without a big cost). They use another printer to do the profiling. The material and condition of that printer is different from the one that you bought...
Hope this would help.
Oh you also mention of the grey does not look grey.. For color management to work the first thing that it need to be Linearized. This step need to know the condition of your print heads. It need to know "how much" is 10% yellow look likes and will take into account for it.. without linearization step you will hardly have the perfect grey..

Grizzly

Reds

Hope this would help.

Oh you also mention of the grey does not look grey.. For color management to work the first thing that it need to be Linearized. This step need to know the condition of your print heads. It need to know "how much" is 10% yellow look likes and will take into account for it.. without linearization step you will hardly have the perfect grey..

You could even print Coke red with it :)).. That's the crazy thing! I have seen some awesome reds and I've been able to nail PMS colors in the red tones, but when printing a picture with an apple, grapes, and tomatoes, it looks terrible!

I'll have to look into the linearization and see if I can improve my greys. (Or is it gray? Here's an interesting site on Gray or Grey http://www.greyorgray.com/)

Do you mean a different printer as in a different printing company or literally a different printer? How would they use a different printer to profile?

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
You could even print Coke red with it :)).. That's the crazy thing! I have seen some awesome reds and I've been able to nail PMS colors in the red tones, but when printing a picture with an apple, grapes, and tomatoes, it looks terrible!

I'll have to look into the linearization and see if I can improve my greys. (Or is it gray? Here's an interesting site on Gray or Grey http://www.greyorgray.com/)

Do you mean a different printer as in a different printing company or literally a different printer? How would they use a different printer to profile?

Yes different printer for sure..when you download the "can" profile is it already there years ago? It is definately not made from YOUR printer... remember profiling is strictly to be used for each particular printer/media/ink set/ environment condition etc...Therefore is would a "shot in the dark" for using manufacture profile . Just think about this: Why all the Samsung TV you see in display at Bestbuy does not display the same tone of color? Why can Samsung just make or adjust the TV set so that when you turn on they would look the same? ..