• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Arizona Carriage Board Check Failed Error

Uvprint

Hello,

I have just received an error at initialization : Carriage board check failed.
I have replaced the firewire cable and it supposed this was not the real problem.

It's Oce Arizona 250 GT

Does someone have a service manual or some tips what should I check further ?

Thanks!

AlsEU

The carriage board buffers the printhead data drives the printhead and the Z-axis motor (carriage height), monitor the ink levels and reservoir temperature and drives the ink reservoir heater triac. If it fails during the initialization, it seems that the problem is with the board itself.
First of all: check the D9 LED diode - if it's on, the 36 V voltage is delivered to the board. If it's off, check the power supply hidden at the back of the carriage.
D20 LED diode is a so-called 'heartbeat' diode - if it flashes twice per second, everything is ok. If it's constantly ON or OFF or pulsing once per 4 seconds, something is wrong with the board. Pulsing once per 4 seconds means that don't receive the data from the motherboard. Constant ON means that the communication was lost after the initialization (I don't think this is the case). Constant OFF means that one of the power supply voltages generated by the board is missing (the board generates separate voltages of 1.5, 2.5, 3.3 and 5 V).

In old machines, these boards may suffer from the ink mist inside the carriage, so I wouldn't be surprised that it's broken...

Uvprint

It seems this is the problem "Constant OFF means that one of the power supply voltages generated by the board is missing (the board generates separate voltages of 1.5, 2.5, 3.3 and 5 V). "
How to detect which one is the problem? We've checked any pieces and circuit that we could on the board take it off the machine.

AlsEU

Voltages generated by the board may be measured across the specific capacitors:
- 5 V: C75 or C82
- 3.3 V: C77
- 2.5 V: C100
- 1.5 V: C110
Across C38 it's possible to measure the 36 V delivered by the power supply. If any of the above voltages are lower than specified, switch off the printer, disconnect all cables from the board, switch off the printer again and retest voltages. Be very careful during the measurement across the capacitors, do not short to any other devices (it may be dangerous for the carriage board or to other components).

Uvprint

I just found I have no voltage on these
C176, C177, C178 , C179, C180, C171, C172, C173, C174, C175

ToTo

Professional Support
If input voltage is properly provided to carriage pca, the firewire cable is ok and still no communication it could be the data relay or the carriage pca. You won’t be able to repair one of them.

Uvprint

Voltages generated by the board may be measured across the specific capacitors:
- 5 V: C75 or C82
- 3.3 V: C77
- 2.5 V: C100
- 1.5 V: C110
Across C38 it's possible to measure the 36 V delivered by the power supply. If any of the above voltages are lower than specified, switch off the printer, disconnect all cables from the board, switch off the printer again and retest voltages. Be very careful during the measurement across the capacitors, do not short to any other devices (it may be dangerous for the carriage board or to other components).
What to check now ? These voltages are ok, but I have no voltage on

AlsEU

What to check now ? These voltages are ok, but I have no voltage on
There you should have voltages for printheads. They are variable (14V to 28V). Check the J18 jumper, it should be set to 36 V. If it is, I would start with the new carriage board.