• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce Arizona Lifetime Meter Counts

GrafexDesigns

We are in the market to buy a used Oce Arizona series printer. I know a lot of life and condition it’s in relies on how the machine was taken care of but is there sort of a rule of thumb on what the lifetime square footage of printing on them is? What other expensive parts besides printheads should I be looking out for when looking?

Thanks!

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
You have to get an approval on it from Oce service department which is quite thorough.
They also prep, move and set it up for you but it is expensive.

AlsEU

If possible, check the log - if there are connection errors between mainboard and carriage, it may suggest damaged Firewire cable. Look at the igus chain and check the ink ribbon and coolant tubings, they wear out in time. Depending on the model ink pumps may wear out too (look under the pumps, if there is black dust there, if you find it, the pump will reach the end soon). Listen to the movements of the carriage and gantry, sometimes it's possible to hear damaged bearings/motors.

jecodob

GrafexDesigns are you still looking to purchase an Oce Arizona? I have a 365 GT with white and roll to roll option for sale. It has 32000 square feet on the master counter and its located in Northern California?

abstring

You have to get an approval on it from Oce service department which is quite thorough.
They also prep, move and set it up for you but it is expensive.
Hi Bruce, you mention that Oce needs to "approve" this. Could you elaborate? Does Oce not want these printers sold on the used market? We're also in the market for a used flatbed UV, so we've considered an Oce Arizona. Is there a reason we should avoid it? Thanks,
-Andy