• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce head alignment help needed...

DSC

Hey all, we just purchased a older Oce 250 gt and are looking for instructions on how to align the heads..

The previous owner was close, but the magenta head is off creating a small blurry effect close up on tight text..

We can't find anything in the manuals or online ourselves..

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

DougWestwood

OCE head align

Hi There New OCE User,

First, make sure that all your heads are seated flat and straight in the printer head box.
These heads are NOT screwed into the printer head, only held by a plastic clip. (Duh! Hello, design?)

Look under the print head box, like you're gonna clean it. Each head should be straight and parallel to
the silver housing around the nozzle strip. Perhaps one end is higher than the other? If so, just hook your fingernail under the end of the print head,
and pull down. If that is the problem, it should slide into place and be solid.

If that's not the problem, here's the FUJI method of alignment. They are made by the same manufacturer.
In the TOOLS AND UTILITIES tab, there is a test print called HEAD ALIGNMENT GANTRY 1.
Throw a junk piece of material on the flatbed. Remove the metal cover on the print head box.
Inside, there is another metal plate you will need to remove, to expose the print heads completely.
Inside there, is a set of dials, one for each head.

Beware of touching metal parts with other metal parts. It's not too tricky.

PRINT the "Head Alignment" test. You will need a magnifying glass to read the results.

It will make THREE LINES OF DOTS. One set of three for each head.
It will print FOUR heads first. (then you have to do the "HEAD ALIGNMENT GANTRY 2" test print for the others.)
The 3 lines of dots should be equally spaced. If not, you will need to adjust the dial on the misaligned print head.
About 8 dial clicks equal one line of dots. Print and adjust dials until all three dot lines are equally spaced.

Once you have all of the first four heads aligned under the "#1" alignment print,
you will print the "ALIGNMENT #2" test print and do the same thing for the remaining heads.

Good Luck! If this is beyond your experience/ability, call a tech. Yeah, costs money, but
when THEY screw it up, THEY have to pay for it. Well worth the expense.

- Doug
Vancouver

ToTo

Professional Support
Head Alignment

The thumb-screw is just for the vertical alignment. Horizontal must be made using the "scanner alignment tool" and Epson or Canon flatbed scanner. If with White you will Need it with backlight Option.

fastsigns105

OCE head align

Hi There New OCE User,

First, make sure that all your heads are seated flat and straight in the printer head box.
These heads are NOT screwed into the printer head, only held by a plastic clip. (Duh! Hello, design?)

Look under the print head box, like you're gonna clean it. Each head should be straight and parallel to
the silver housing around the nozzle strip. Perhaps one end is higher than the other? If so, just hook your fingernail under the end of the print head,
and pull down. If that is the problem, it should slide into place and be solid.

If that's not the problem, here's the FUJI method of alignment. They are made by the same manufacturer.
In the TOOLS AND UTILITIES tab, there is a test print called HEAD ALIGNMENT GANTRY 1.
Throw a junk piece of material on the flatbed. Remove the metal cover on the print head box.
Inside, there is another metal plate you will need to remove, to expose the print heads completely.
Inside there, is a set of dials, one for each head.

Beware of touching metal parts with other metal parts. It's not too tricky.

PRINT the "Head Alignment" test. You will need a magnifying glass to read the results.

It will make THREE LINES OF DOTS. One set of three for each head.
It will print FOUR heads first. (then you have to do the "HEAD ALIGNMENT GANTRY 2" test print for the others.)
The 3 lines of dots should be equally spaced. If not, you will need to adjust the dial on the misaligned print head.
About 8 dial clicks equal one line of dots. Print and adjust dials until all three dot lines are equally spaced.

Once you have all of the first four heads aligned under the "#1" alignment print,
you will print the "ALIGNMENT #2" test print and do the same thing for the remaining heads.

Good Luck! If this is beyond your experience/ability, call a tech. Yeah, costs money, but
when THEY screw it up, THEY have to pay for it. Well worth the expense.

- Doug
Vancouver
I am having problems with horizontal alignment, does anyone know how to fix this issue? here's a sample
IMG_7829.JPG

Caren Hines

I don't have anything that I have printed lately to show you. I will be doing something here soon and I will attach a picture.
But, It looks kinda like your picture. You can see definitely see the banding of the white layers under the colors.