• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Offset black type on my HP latex 315

depps74

I lowered the ink density and increased the optimizer to 40% then I ran the image test. no joy. See mid section of small text in image 1881. Everything else looks fine, images color etc... could this be a printhead?

Attachments

• IMG_1879.jpg
    IMG_1879.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1880.jpg
    IMG_1880.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1881.jpg
    IMG_1881.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 92

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet, but what is your ink density? After printing on phototex and other fabrics for year's, that inconsistent haloing is actually the ink bleeding into the fabric. It can be solved by reducing the ink density.

Being a fabric product the fibers can draw ink into them. I bet if you print the same file and same profile on a vinyl substrate you will get different results.
I do know what you mean but if you look really closely I think you can see that it's not bleeding but in fact it's a halo from movement.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I lowered the ink density and increased the optimizer to 40% then I ran the image test. no joy. See mid section of small text in image 1881. Everything else looks fine, images color etc... could this be a printhead?
You need to start posting better pictures mate. And forget the optimizer, it doesn't help past 25% and probably even less on fabric sort of surface.

When it prints that spot you need to look at what's going on.

depps74

You need to start posting better pictures mate. And forget the optimizer, it doesn't help past 25% and probably even less on fabric sort of surface.

When it prints that spot you need to look at what's going on.
What do you mean by when it prints that spot you need to look at whats going on? I am guessing you mean to pay attention to what is happening in the printer? I have and it is so erratic its hard to know as the printer is doing its thing and I am not noticing any major hiccups like bad movement or anything. Also I have tried on the take up reel and off. This couldn't be a printhead issue could it?

depps74

No, I do not think that it would be printhead issue.

Did you disable the OMAS?
yes I tried that no joy. I just ran a print on a generic profile, better, but not near perfect. The movement of the printer seems normal but I wouldn't know any odd movements even if they were happening. As it passes over and makes a blurry line I don't notice anything glaring that would be causing it. About 1/2 a year ago one part on the media reel broke off the left side tip and we superglued it together. Maybe that has given way? I have the replacement part for it so gonna try and install that to see. I cleaned the sensor and the encoder strip. Its a bit hot in my shop last few weeks, other than that I can't seem to determine what this would be. A HP tech suggested a tower to run it off for all other problems. Maybe that? Thanks so much for your help everyone. I'm not sure what I would do without this supportive community and I am very very grateful for your help

depps74

No, I do not think that it would be printhead issue.

Did you disable the OMAS?
ok so I increased the vacuum to 45% it looked great till the very end. One pattern I have noticed is that it seems to be fine in the beginning but about 2-3 feet out of printing it starts to go blurry. Its not blazing hot in my shop but not AC and about 79 outside so prob about 80-85 inside here? Starting to get frustrated and loosing a lot of money with each test here. Gonna try the vinyl test now to see if this problem is universal or just the material.

depps74

I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet, but what is your ink density? After printing on phototex and other fabrics for year's, that inconsistent haloing is actually the ink bleeding into the fabric. It can be solved by reducing the ink density.

Being a fabric product the fibers can draw ink into them. I bet if you print the same file and same profile on a vinyl substrate you will get different results.
I did try printing on vinyl and it printed perfect, so the issue seems to be only happening with the textured phototex.

Christian @ 2CT Media

It's the fabric, it pulls the ink. That's why it's bleeding in different directions on your prints.

Try cutting your density down to under 120%.

I'm not sure how to do it on the 315, you may have to do it in your RIP.

depps74

I figured out the problem. The black type was a process black. I went into onyx and rest the black to 80% with all other colors to 0. Problem completely solved. text is crisp and different bolds and light fonts are perfect in all sizes

depps74

tHe problem is back, after many rounds of the same prints, I had to do a large mural printed on vinyl almost 4 rolls of material color photograpsh. That print went fine, now I am back to printing these small labels on phototext and the haloing is back. So far I have tried all my tricks that worked in the past. Increase text to pure black at 80%. Different profiles, increase vacum. On tke up reel off take up reel. Clean the printheads 5x, check the nozzle drip count. WTF is casuing this problem and why is it so erratic!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I would still try to turn of OMAS and you must also do manual advance calibration after that.
Otherwise it won't help it, might just make it even worse.

Still looking like a momentary movement issue to me :help

depps74

I would still try to turn of OMAS and you must also do manual advance calibration after that.
Otherwise it won't help it, might just make it even worse.

Still looking like a momentary movement issue to me :help
I think your right on the movement. I discovered when I do not hook it up to the take up reel the problem went away completely. Not even a whiff of haloing. Crispy clear letters now about 10 jobs through. Of course I now have color match problems. (see my most recent thread) the fun never ends with printing!