• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

oh my! I did something wrong!!

Imlost21

k, nozzle clog. I took apart and sprayed with cleaner out of cleaning cart put back together. Now NO ink going through. not sure if I shorted something, could it be a fuse? I have VJ-1204. I just made last lease payment. am I going to need a new head? If so, where is the best fastest and best price to get one?

RG

Explain what you "took apart" and "put back together." If you took the printhead off, then air could have got in the ink lines. If that happened, then you need to run cleaning cycles or a Little Charge to get the air out and ink back into the printhead. Take the top cover off and check for air in the ink lines from the cartridges to the dampers and everywhere in between.

Imlost21

I completely removed the print head. sprayed it with cleaning fluid, some of the fluid got on some of the little weldings. I was never able to get fluid to drip from the head, so that told me I was doing something wrong. also there was a little metal v shaped clip that just fell out when I removed the 1st cover, I dont know where it belongs.

I will look at the lines and see if there is any air in them. I ran several cleanings, tests and nozzle checks. nothing. I see that there is a fuse in the print head, Can that be a problem too, and were is it located? I found a printer on ebay and in the description the seller says that he can get the print heads for 640.00. That is the cheapest that I've found one.

RG

More information is needed. Did you buy the printer used and it had been unused for several months? Or, was it printing OK and suddenly stopped printing? By saying that you "sprayed the head with cleaning fluid", did you spray on the bottom, metal part where the nozzles are, or did you use a syringe and try to push fluid through the head? With the right side cover off, did you see fluid exiting the pump when you ran cleanings? If you don't have one, a Service Manual will help you a lot. And, search this forum for head cleaning. There is a lot of good information out there.

Imlost21

I bought new, ive had it 3 years with not much trouble, black printing started to to be very sketchy, did nozzle check, missing lines, soaked several times, no help, did heavy cleaning, no good, removed head and cleaned it from the top, put back together, then does everything but no ink comes out. replaced dampers today, all lines are empty, filling now,, New 750 fuse arrived today, are putting it in tonight, really could use a service manual for this beast, lol.:banghead:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I bought new, ive had it 3 years with not much trouble, black printing started to to be very sketchy, did nozzle check, missing lines, soaked several times, no help, did heavy cleaning, no good, removed head and cleaned it from the top, put back together, then does everything but no ink comes out. replaced dampers today, all lines are empty, filling now,, New 750 fuse arrived today, are putting it in tonight, really could use a service manual for this beast, lol.:banghead:

Give me an email and I can send you a copy

wayne k
guam usa