• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OK to swap TrueVis cartridges in&out to avoid running out when you're not there to change it

Bryce I

I'm Brie
My favorite part about the roland truevis vg-540, as an upgrade from the older models, is the TU2 setting. I'll print signs and vehicle wraps all day on the regular roll setting, then at the end of the day, set up a bunch of product labels (that have small text and print slower on a high quality profile setting), and leave them Print + Cutting, attached to the takeup reel on the TU2 setting. If one/some of the ink cartridges is low, i will replace it with a new one, so the prints don't stop in the middle of the night. the next morning, i swap the almost empty one back in and use it until it's empty, and I can be right there to switch back to the fuller one when it runs out.
Is this ok?