• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Okay, tell me why this installation won't work.

regarding hiding the seam with pvc post sleeves, just make a band say 4 or 6 inches that overlaps the seam if the school has two colors paint the post one color and the band the other or just paint the band the same color as the post..if they are all at the same height it will look like you meant to do it, it is a 'architectural design feature' :).

1leonchen

Galvanized posts are $99 each
s.

After rethinking this I think I'm just going to chance it with the 4x4 posts. They're only about $10, a whole lot easier, and if they warp we'll figure something else out.

Thanks for the thoughts.

4*4 wood post can take a beating. its much cheaper and easier to plant and mount substrate

Ski Sign

How about 1" box tube steel w 1/8-3/16" wall? A 20 footers are around $24 each up here in the mountains, could be less where you are. If you can weld, or get some welding donated you can add a couple of 10-12" cross tabs of flat stock. Gives you four anchor points for your sign. Should sit nicely in the poured concrete as well.

shuv76

I kinda like the idea of Ski Sign except go with a 2" square galvanized tubing or just plain steel (no galvanizing ) if you are going to paint it.
get some 1 1/2 flat bar and have them welded as a cross (2 pieces)
This would allow easy bolt up of sign and it would be no warpage and
would last forever. But you need someone to weld it for you free. I am sure someone would do that for u. just my 2 cents

skdave

Do not waste your time and money putting quickette in a PVC sc 40 plus rebar. The PVC will bend like it has nothing inside it.
I try this many years ago for my MARTIN HOUSE company and it DID NOT work. Feel free to call me if you have time Pat .
Dave

www.skmfg.com My purple martin company

Pat Whatley

I was looking for something with a bit more "bulk" to it than a skinny t-post. Galvanized u-channel posts were never an option, we we talking about 6" diameter round posts. You find those for $36 I'll come get them.

I ended up stumbling across the perfect solution at Home Depot. They've discontinued their 4.75" x 4.75" x 100" PVC post sleeves. Normally they're about $40, I picked up 10 of them for $10 each. I kind of went with what Dan said, I cut the PVC posts in half, slid them over the posts, then "capped" the gap between the 4.75" square PVC and the 3.5" wooden post with 2" wide wood strips, caulked it all and painted the whole thing satin black. The thick post with the thinner post coming out ended up with a damn nice "architectural" look to them. I had less than $20 in each one and maybe 4 hours of install/construction time. I'll get pictures next week when I go back down to install the sponsor signs.