• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oki ColorPainter Help!!! System Error Code

Bill72

I have an OKI Colorpainter M-64. Monday morning I turn it on and as it is going through its boot up process a "SYSTEM ERROR 2340 RESTART PRINTER" appears. So I restart the machine following the users manual instruction. Same thing none of the display buttons do anything but beep.

After a couple hours of research I found the MAINTENANCE MANUAL for this printer. Tells me the error code is "Capping Unit Sensor Error". Gives a procedure to follow for trouble shooting. Great this should help more the tech support ticket that still haven't gotten a response too. Problem is the second step in the procedure is to enter maintenance mode...Can't do that because of the SYSTEM ERROR screen prevents me from doing anything. So going through the manual again I see there is a way to start the printer in an "IGNORE FATAL ERROR MODE". However it doesn't tell you anywhere how to start in that mode... ANY HELP PLEASE !