• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OKI (Seiko) ColorPainter M-64 Error 2614

ToneCustomSigns

Has anyone encountered Error Code 2614 on their Oki (Seiko) ColorPainter M-64s? It happened after I did a tank refill and now I can't get the error to clear. I'm sure it has something to do with a sensor but how convenient that the book does not include a list of error codes and how to clear them.

C5 Service&Repair

2614 is the subtank full sensor error on color 5. Restart the machine and reinstall the cartridge.

I've seen it happen that the subtank gets too full and the pump can't correct it so you'll get stuck on this error. I'ts a barrel of monkeys to get it to correct itself.

L.D

If you put CP manager in service mode you can use the Actuator menu in order to run ink back to the cartridge. This will Lower the ink level in the subtank and remove the error code.

It may be time to replace or cap and pump on that channel. Ink doesn’t appear to be pulling as it should.

Ryan Yeskey

Turning ideas into reality since 1960
If you put CP manager in service mode you can use the Actuator menu in order to run ink back to the cartridge. This will Lower the ink level in the subtank and remove the error code.

It may be time to replace or cap and pump on that channel. Ink doesn’t appear to be pulling as it should.
Do you know what the service code is to operate the Actuator Menu?

WiscoPrint

Hello all,
Could someone let me know how to actually get into service mode on CP Manager?
I have the access "password" but I don't know how to get to the spot where I put the password in.

Thanks

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
Press control while clicking cp manager version number.
Go to Actuator tab, select ink pump 5 and send ink to cartridge for 2 minutes then stop with pump closed

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
The error is from the subtank not going down in ink volume enough.
This is typically caused by a cap that isn't sealing and needs to be replaced.
Bruce

C5 Service&Repair

Actually, this gets caused more often than not by the flag inside the subtank coming unglued from the bag and not flagging the sensor at all, causing it to continuously run, thinking that the tank isn't filling up. I've had to disassemble and reglue at least 25 tanks.

WiscoPrint

Along the lines of this discussion, there is also a 280x error.
When receiving this error , whether it's a 2800, 2801,2802,2803,2804,2805 or 2806 error which is an Ink Pack (cartridge) error, it renders the ink pack being replaced unusable.
I have a stack of these cartridges, approximately 50 or so, some of which have 90% ink left in them which when put back into the printer will immediately cause a 280x error again.
Is there any way to get these cartridges to work again?
These are OKI IP6- 221 thru 227 SX ink cartridges.

If this question needs to go in another thread, i do apologize.