• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

old graphtec encad machine

synergy_jim

some guy just dropped this old graphtec machine off here at my shop. It looks to have an LPT1 connection. I know the heads and ink carts are garbage, but is there any way I can just turn this old dinosaur into a cutter?

Attachments

• IMG_4057.jpg
    IMG_4057.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_4058.jpg
    IMG_4058.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_4059.jpg
    IMG_4059.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 176
some guy just dropped this old graphtec machine off here at my shop. It looks to have an LPT1 connection. I know the heads and ink carts are garbage, but is there any way I can just turn this old dinosaur into a cutter?

That is mid '90s technology. I've not seen one in at least 12 years. I believe you should be able to configure it as an older Graphtec cutting plotter, such as the FC-2100 series. This is assuming that the software you are using has the driver. I know that Flexi, CASmate, and Inspire did back in the day, not so sure about newer apps.