• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Older Gerber PLT files not recognized by 6.5

Skeezix

Hi
Gerber Error.PNG

Win 10 Gerber 6.5 will not open my older 2.5 PLT files that were generated in Gerber.
I tried several files from 2003-2006 and get the same error from Back up hard drive and on C drive desktop file.
Tried double click, Import and Open from Omega as well as *all files
Looking for ideas on this Module error : Composer - Module GspCvtrCtlFn.cpp Line 804

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
only thing I found ...... under omega help

Opening older versions of PLT files

Opening older versions of PLT files​

Concept Link Icon See Also

When opening PLT files created with OMEGA versions prior to OMEGA 3.0 you have the option to convert all smart edit shapes to objects, thus preventing unwanted movement or resizing of shapes when the file is regenerated in OMEGA 3.0 or higher. Click Remove Smart Edits to convert the job to objects, maintaining their position and size, but losing the smart edit abilities.

Click Keep Smart Edits to allow the objects to be edited in OMEGA 3.0 or higher, but they might move or resize the first time only. If you wish to regenerate all smart edit objects in a job and save the file select all objects, click Edit > Regenerate ReAction Now and then save the file. Objects in the file may move or resize, but will not do that again and the Older Smart Edit Object Warning will no longer appear when you open the file. Alternately, you can regenerate each smart edit chain individually, but this message will appear if any older smart edit objects remain.

If individual smart edit operations were applied to objects in a legacy file they will appear in OMEGA 3.0 as individual smart edit operations as in prior versions of OMEGA. If smart edit operations were applied sequentially to an object they will appear as a ReAction chain of events.

If you want to always continue without conversion, turn off this message. The option message can be reset via Tools > Options > General tab.