• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Older Omega (2.6.1) and Roland GX24

LEDQueen

I have a friend I am trying to help who only does a few jobs a year so he doesn't want to buy all new equipment - especially since all the old equipment still works (with a tiny exception).

He has Windows XP, uses Omega 2.6.1 to run an old Edge and GS15 plotter and a Roland GX-24 plotter.

He had a computer go bad on him so we reinstalled the Omega and his equipment on one another sign guy was able to find for him. All equipment is installed via USB, including the Edge, as the LPT port was bad on the "new" computer, and all are running perfectly except for the GX24.

There is no choice to install the GX24 as a GX24 in the "install plotters" dialog, so I've installed it for him as a Roland Camm1 (30") as well as an HPGL 24" plotter, but we still have this issue in both instances.

The GX24 cuts just fine at 0-22.9", however, won't cut past 23" and runs every job as "landscape" rather than "portrait".

Of course, as a Camm1 it will run to 29" L, but that, I am sure, is due to the additional width of the Camm1 spec.

When we swap the axis (for a 22"W X 30"L job) we get a "panel" line. I've tried changing the properties in the device.in file as instructed in the Guide, but can't get rid of this "panel point" no matter what I do.

Can anyone help? I'd really like to get him back up and running without having him need a new plotter, as that will most likely cause a new legion of issues.

Jburns

rather than change orientation in the software, has he tried changing the angle thru the plotter menu? I believe it looks like an angle symbol in the menu setup.