• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

For Sale Omega 2.0

JD Signs

Howdy Guys, recently bought the contents of another sign company and there was 2 gerber omega 2.0 dongles with the boxes but no disc with them, any idea what these are worth?

FrankW

Omega 2.0 is around 20 years old. There are no downloads at Gerber Software Library anymore to do a new install. There are still updates available, but they are no longer worthwile.

JD Signs

Omega 2.0 is around 20 years old. There are no downloads at Gerber Software Library anymore to do a new install. There are still updates available, but they are no longer worthwile
Omega 2.0 is around 20 years old. There are no downloads at Gerber Software Library anymore to do a new install. There are still updates available, but they are no longer worthwile.
Thanks, knew it was old but wasn’t sure if guys here needed the dongle for anything, I’ve seen a few guys looking for them previously but haven’t seen it since, I have everything for them except the main disc, seems a shame to bin them

Adam.Foster

If the keys work they can be upgrade to Omega 8.0. The upgrade cost is much less than buying omega 8 standard. So at list price in the USA it could save someone between $865 to $2,655.00usd. Will someone pay that? Probably not, realistically omega 5.0 or lower all hold the same value as the upgrade cost is the same for 2.0 as it is for 5.0

FrankW

Thanks for that note. That sounds like something very helpful since we're consistantly trying to match pantone colours. It would be nice to not have to manually colour match previously printed colours and trust a hardware to do it for me. We do have Onyx Thrive, but I'll have to check what we got in our package of Thrive if we have that option.

That depends.

A lot of people have started to use Omega together with starting to use Gerber Edge-Printers. which they often dont use anymore. In germany, upgrading a licence as old as Omega 2.0 is only worthwhile if upgrading a Gerber Omega CP (drives Gerber Edge) to a new Omega CP. If (as with most customers) the Gerber Edge isn´t in use anymore, buying a new licence of Gerber Omage CS (cutting only) is cheaper. Another issue can lead to that an update makes sense: if you have bought font collections, then an upgrades make sense too (we are dealers in germany, never had someone who bought that fonts).

Harmon33

Howdy Guys, recently bought the contents of another sign company and there was 2 gerber omega 2.0 dongles with the boxes but no disc with them, any idea what these are worth?
I'd be interested in this if you are still looking to sell. Let me know, thanks!