• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 2.1>>>>>Fastrack750????communication errors

stokesdead

Please help Yesterday my plotter stoped cutting in the middle of a job. I restarted the plotter tried again and halfway thrue the job it stops again. over and over this happens. I have tried resetting the communications options on the plotter to factory defaults doesn't help. Bought new serial cable still no help. any ideas? It seems like the more simple files cut better but never completely cut. the complex designs can hardly get started. according to the little flashing lights it is error C01 online frame. C01: A framing error occured. Check the communication settings.
please help I have searched this forum quite a bit but this is my first post.
~chris stokes
image sign & design

stokesdead

now with the new cable it doesn't work at all do I need a special cable or something the new one looks thinner but the connectors on the end are the same. I am running the plotter about 15 foot away from my computer. serial 9pin out of computer to 25 pin into plotter
~chris stokes

ColorPro

Is this happening to the file at the same spot or is it at different points of cutting? i have a fastrack 650... it's almost 8 yrs old, that sometimes happens to me in the middle of a job, I think it's one of two things, either its not feeding the right length of material out, and it's jamming when it gets to that point, or it's a friction build up from the vinyl length rubbing while it's cutting... make sure is far enough away from a wall... my problem seems to happen from one or the other of these....i never bother to read the error code, and it usually fixes the next itme around

stokesdead

thanks for your input but thats not it. It stops at different spots and it has plenty of room for the vinyl to load. I think it may be the motherboard inside the machine.