• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 2.1 users question.

threeputt

Does anyone know why Omega won't open or import, Illy files from version 4.0 or newer? Seems like they should be able to do so. Isn't Adobe Illustrator 4.0 much older than Omega 2.1?

Or are there some compatibility issues I don't know of? Settings? I have to continually ask that files be sent to me in version 3.0 or .88 even. And not every version of Illustrator will allow saving down that far.

Is Omega just that far behind the times? I realize that I'm not running, 2.2 or 2.5 (that's the latest I guess) but geez, shouldn't 4.0 Illustrator files import okay?

ScottyDoo

2.6 is actually the latest...and when we were running 2.1 we were able to import v8 and I believe even 10.

Marlene

when I was running 2.1, I used to request version 6 and it worked OK. I think it could open up to version 8 and I can't remember now why I'd request 6. Is it all version 4 .eps files that you're having problems with or just a few. Are they coming from an outside source or you're own Illustrator program? If it's an outside source, there might be fonts or bitmaps that keep the files from opening.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
In the Gerber set of import filters, there are two different filters for EPS and for AI. the two that are at the bottom of the list will only handle up to Version 3. The two that are near to the top of the list will handle all up to version 7 and are hit or miss on version 8. Check to see that you are using the top most versions.

The current version 2.6 will open everything up to CS2 ... not sure about CS3.

threeputt

Rep, I probably didn't make this clear. I don't have a copy of Illustrator. I frequently receive files made in Illy by others.

Fred, tried that but no results.

Finally, I requested a v3.0 file and it was sent to me moments ago. Can you believe it? It will not open or import, even in CorelDraw 9.0 which I also have and sometimes use.

Is there settings in the import dialog box in Composer that I need to be re-set?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If you want to email me the file I will see if I can get it straightened out for you. It might have an embedded bitmap in it which will definitely drive a lot of applications crazy.

threeputt

Oh.. and when I do try and import the file it crashes Composer. Every time. So another question. If the designer that is sending this file is working on a Mac, would that make a difference?