• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 2.5 Edge2 and HS15plus run on Linux ?

Me again

Hi all, me again.
So my XP computer has died which I've been running Omega 2.5 Edge2 and HS15+ on for years.
My laptop has been running subscription flexi and a HP L360 & Summacut on Win7.

It would be nice to bring the 2 systems together onto a new machine - so automatically Win10 comes into view. However, Omega 2.5 isn't going to run on Win 10 and I'm not keen on upgrading it to Omega6 for no real benefit as I only use it for a handful of customers.

Looking for suggestions or similar real life setups.
Or thinking outside the square, will the Gerber gear work on a Linux OS such as Ubuntu ?

Attila Nagy

Hi all, me again.
So my XP computer has died which I've been running Omega 2.5 Edge2 and HS15+ on for years.
My laptop has been running subscription flexi and a HP L360 & Summacut on Win7.

It would be nice to bring the 2 systems together onto a new machine - so automatically Win10 comes into view. However, Omega 2.5 isn't going to run on Win 10 and I'm not keen on upgrading it to Omega6 for no real benefit as I only use it for a handful of customers.

Looking for suggestions or similar real life setups.
Or thinking outside the square, will the Gerber gear work on a Linux OS such as Ubuntu ?

Omega2.5 with Edge2 never going to work on Linux. You can use it on Windows10 as long as it is 32bit

For Edge2 printing, only one kind of USB adapter supported(impossible to find) The cable Spandex currently selling for Edge2 is not the one. Better make sure you have ECP printer adapter.
Automatic multi mode or PCIe parallel cards are not supported

netsol

Premium Subscriber
if you virtualize an instance of xp, you can use a inexpensive parallel port print server.

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com...4&sr=1-1-f6b8d51f-2c55-4dc3-89ad-0c3639671b2d

if you watch ebay you can get a digi anywhere usb device and connect any usb device to your vm, without the pesky usb mapping everyone uses

i use the digi devices for commercial clients for software they say can't be virtualized. the device is so stable we schedule reboots twice a year

Attila Nagy

Gerber Omega 2.5 does not send Edge2 jobs to network or virtual printer port. It only works with native PCI or ISA bus ECP printer port. Or one type only USB print adapter.