• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 2.5

James Chrimes

I wish that they would add some of the features that sign lab has like adding bevels and casting true shadows. I also will check it out as I only have the original omega because I do not think that they have added enough features in the past to make it worth the money.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I think the improvements and new features are well worth the price of admission. My only problem is internal. I have two seats of Omega 2.1. One of them is still on a Win 98 box that will ned to be replaced by a new one since Omega 2.5 will no longer load on Win 98 and the old box isn't worth upgrading just the OS.

ScottyDoo

We've got 10 seats of Omega 2.1, so it would be a pricey upgrade I'm sure (getting prices right now) but what's funny is that many of our huge gripes are addressed in this update.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I just got back from buying two P4-XP Pro Compaq boxes at CompUSA. They cost less ($449 less $100 rebate = $349) than the Omega upgrade will cost. But you're right, this upgrade brings Omega to parity with Illustrator CS2 and Acrobat and finally introduces layers.

Let's hope Tony T did a good job of it.

ScottyDoo

My supplier just got back to me today and said it was $445 per seat, though there is a quantity discount that he'll get for me, just needs to get the exact numbers.