• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 2.6 on Windows 7 Issues

sfcurcio

I am installing Omega 2.6 on a Windows 7 PC. There seems to be a couple of issues during install. I get side-by-side and DLL errors once I try to load the software after install. One pop-up says I need to register the .osx file with Windows. A reference website states it has to do with C++ 2005.
Am I missing a key Windows file? Is there anything besides Gerber that I need to install for it to work?
My other computers are running 2.6 without any issues.

WildWestDesigns

I am installing Omega 2.6 on a Windows 7 PC. There seems to be a couple of issues during install. I get side-by-side and DLL errors once I try to load the software after install. One pop-up says I need to register the .osx file with Windows. A reference website states it has to do with C++ 2005.
Am I missing a key Windows file? Is there anything besides Gerber that I need to install for it to work?
My other computers are running 2.6 without any issues.

Some software vendors package in this dependency, others do not. Some are installed along with Windows.

These "redistributable" files are actually libraries that programs can share.

Since the program works fine on your other computers, I would assume that you have other programs that may have had that bundled in with their software and thus already installed or your other versions of Windows (if not Win 7, but older) may have actually already installed that library as part of the installation process.

But it is a dependency for the program apparently.

SAFASTRO

Would either of you have the 2.61 upgrade installation file? I had to reinstall 2.5, and accidentally deleted the 2.61 upgrade files GSP had on their website years ago. Now I can't open my files since they are not 2.5 files. Any help would be amazing!

netsol

Premium Subscriber
google c++ 2005 redist and go to download center
if you can't get the file that way, i will see if we have it archived, when i get to the office

give priority to what looks like a microsoft site. some of these weird download sites will try to
give you a virus. avoid cnet like the plague