• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Omega 4.0 color palette not visible?

dexproduktion

Hi.

Im running Omega 4.0 with our Sabre 408 but recently picked up a Gerber EDGE I for very cheap.
I do have knowledge with EDGE's as I worked with one for almost 10 years earlier on.
I just can't seem to change foils in the artwork at all, the palette is missing inside the software.
It's installed and visible in "GSP Palette Manager" but not visible inside Composer, also it's greyed out in the "view" menu. Any advice would be apreciated, this is starting to drive me crazy as ive spent 5 hours troubleshooting already.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I'm wondering if the version of Omega you're using is a limited version that doesn't have permissions for Edge printing.

dexproduktion

I'm wondering if the version of Omega you're using is a limited version that doesn't have permissions for Edge printing.
I don't really think so, i've tried the 4.0.0.52 Lite from the website as well as an older "full" one 4.0.0.38. The dongle just says Omega 4.

Joe House

Omega keys came in basically 4 flavors. One only lets you output - Plot Station, One lets you design only - Layout Station, One is for cut vinyl only and also lets you output to plotters - CS for Cut Solution or Cut Station and CP - Cut/Print. If you don't have CP or LS, you can't make changes to foil colors. These are different than the version that you have - 4.0 vs 6.5 vs ???.

If you right click on the Gerber Tray Icon down by the clock and select "System Identification String" you should be able to see if it says "EDGE Ready" or not in the options box.

Good Luck

dexproduktion

Omega keys came in basically 4 flavors. One only lets you output - Plot Station, One lets you design only - Layout Station, One is for cut vinyl only and also lets you output to plotters - CS for Cut Solution or Cut Station and CP - Cut/Print. If you don't have CP or LS, you can't make changes to foil colors. These are different than the version that you have - 4.0 vs 6.5 vs ???.

If you right click on the Gerber Tray Icon down by the clock and select "System Identification String" you should be able to see if it says "EDGE Ready" or not in the options box.

Good Luck

Thanks! Now it's all clear. Even the dongle says 4.0 CS on the side.. :(
Is there any way to upgrade to CP version?
I mean, going 6.5 CP full upgrade seems a bit pointless with an old EDGE 1 printer.