• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 5 excessive diskwrites

Stefan

So, onto the next problem that seems to have appeared out the blue for me on my workstation.

Sometimes while working in Omega, Omega starts to completely trash the Temp folder of my ssd with a large number of .wmf-files, that can easily reach several gigabytes in total in a matter of seconds. I've attached a screenshot example of a file we've been working on. The file contains an imported (and embedded) jpg image. I've had no issues with this file before, and have worked with it on several occasions. Also, it's not exclusive to this file either, but the issue seems to manifest itself at random.

I've included two screenshots.

So, anyone got any idea what's going on here? Why is Omega writing so many of these .wmf-files all of a sudden? And when I open the .wmf-files in for example MS Paint to see what they contain, I can have multiple copies of the exact same thing.

Attachments

• screenshot_explorer_temp_folder.jpg
    screenshot_explorer_temp_folder.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 183
  • screenshot_omega.jpg
    screenshot_omega.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
So, onto the next problem that seems to have appeared out the blue for me on my workstation.

Sometimes while working in Omega, Omega starts to completly trash the Temp folder of my ssd with a large number of .wmf-files, that can easily reach several gigabytes in total in a matter of seconds. I've attached a screenshot example of a file we've been working on. The file contains an imported (and embedded) jpg image. I've had no issues with this file before, and have worked with it on several occasions. Also, it's not exclusive to this file either, but the issue seems to manifest itself at random.

I've included two screenshots.

So, anyone got any idea what's going on here? Why is Omega writing so many of these .wmf-files all of a sudden? And when I open the .wmf-files in for example MS Paint to see what they contain, I can have multiple copies of the exact same thing.
It’s been a few years since I used Omega much, but I do recall this happening on occasion. I believe it happened when importing a PDF or something that had a mix of vector and raster art. I think I solved it by importing the raster image separately from the vector art.