• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 5 - exporting pdfs in CMYK rather than RGB

Stefan

Hi all,

I was wondering if there's any way you can export a pdf-file from Omega in CMYK mode instead of RGB?

We haven't really bothered to export files as PDFs from Omega, but rather use EPS because of this issue.

What are we missing here?

Adam.Foster

Yes, select PDF-Adobe acrobat file format (GSP 65) then click on OPTIONS then select the color mode you want for Spots and Vinyls. You have 3 options CMYK, CMYK Math and RGB. Most people use RGB as it has a larger color space and provides a more accurate color when importing to other programs. I would recommend turning on USE PURE WHITE, and INCLUDE COLOR NAMES FOR CMYK COLORS.

Stefan

Thanks for your reply.

I don't find that in Omega version 5, so it might be a limitation on our version I guess.

Adam.Foster

Here are some of the other items you would gain by upgrading to Omega 7.0, Lots of great improvements over Omega 5.0
The Find My Font feature along is worth the upgrade.

Omega 7.0 released 8-28-20
● User palette added- customized by the user, with ability to select objects based on color
● Customize Keyboard - allows user to assign hotkeys, Accelerator sheet update
● Improved Pantone color value entry and Delta E. information added to assign colors
● Updated Gerber swatch colors for use in Adobe illustrator
● Export to hot folder improvements- save to current path option added
● New toolbar icons for Interactive outline and Drawing tools
● Function Templates - saveable function sets for Repeats,Outline and Shadow
● Repeats/Merge - ‘quantity of’ option to duplicate repeats for multiple sets of decals
● Layer Manager enhancements -right click to move/copy to layer option, preference new layer direction
● Back-cut Enhancements- Recognizes layer names and assigns back cut layer function
● Foil Adjust from OmegaPlot - easier to use and access foil adjust for color to color correction
● GQMgr back cut indicator - easily identify back-cut layers by asterisk indicator
● More plotters supported - new Mimaki and Graphtec plotters added
● OMEGA CS Enhancements - including clipping paths and assigning process colors
● Select image options - select embedded/non-embedded images
● Interactive Constraint indicators - icons that show constraint status now are intractable
● Drawing vertical arrows - holding ALt when dragging out an arrow will make it point up or down
● SplView Enhancements - hi-rez compress view option and now show back-cuts
● Output SPL quantities from GQMgr - send spool file to device up to 99 times
● Select by job palette - allows selection from the job palette
● And many more customer requested features!
● Compatible with 32 or 64 bit versions of Windows 8 and 10.
If using the EDGE 1 or 2 with Windows 10 the GSP USB to parallel cable is required (P83301A for $99).
GSP also offers a USB to Serial cable (P83305A for $99) for output to GSP sprocketed plotters.
Omega 6.5 released 2-27-17
• Includes Groups of Groups – ability to assign groups within other groups
• Includes .plt file job costing of Gerber vinyls and foils using the .plt Extractor
• Improvements in outline, Shadow and BackCut Decals features
• New filters and tools to aid in easier customer presentations
Omega 6.0 released 3-31-16
• Find My Font - Gerber Edition – match images of unknown fonts to fonts on your computer or to an online database of 130,000+ fonts
• View Applied Effects from Dialog Box – new "Apply" button lets you see your effects in Composer without leaving the dialog boxes.
• Raster to Vector and Decal Cut Improvements – better results with convenient presets
• Bitmap Fill Capabilities – Custom patterned vector fills with fast efficient GSPPlot rendering
• Add Logos to QR Codes – Add images or logos to QR codes
• Export Larger Image Files – feed high quality image files to wide format printers, up to 32,000 pixels
• New Arrow and Spiral tools and updated Pantone Coated palettes and samples.
• ArtPath Improvements – easier tool order rearrangement, map exported DXF file colors to layers, Crease Matrix for M-Series cutters
• Includes 48 special EDGE fonts, 62 ClipArt libraries, and 12 Highway Gothic Federal kern fonts - $1,585 value
• Sign Shop Helper Vehicle templates updated to include newer vehicle models.