• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

omega 5 - typing font and it looks like it has an outline

geb

New to Omega 5, having trouble figuring this out, sure its a simple fix or setting. When I type on text to type, doesn't matter what font I use, the font doesn't type normal, it looks like it is the font, with an outline and the corners are clipped, all same color, so it looks like it's extremely bold version of that font. Thanks for those who may have an answer.

George

geb

thanks for the responses, I think it may have been the stroke, I didn't change it, I just got out of the program and started over, seems to type ok now. The reason I was playing with settings, I imported an eps file, and not sure if its the file, but I was printing two spot colors. black and lime green, on white vinyl. It was essentially a rectangle of Lime green, with black text, but the text had a hair little bit of white showing on outside of letters, I was trying to get rid of the white. Sure there is a simple fix for that, but I tryed differebt things, then decided I would try to design what I needed in composer on same page as imported eps. Any fixes for the tiny bit of white I describe? I am going to start over in composer and design this, see if that eliminates that small bit of white, but thank you Fred and J Hill.

George

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Select the Black and set it to Overlap. That will cause it to not knock out the Lime Green, which is what causes the unprinted hairline around the letters. Double check it in the 1234 dialog (Print Order) to insure that the Black is set to print after the Lime Green and that Overlap/Overprint is on. Because Black is opaque, this solution works. With two colors, J Hill's solution of using Choke and Spread is a better solution to prevent color shifting.

geb

Thank you to you fine folks for your help, I got some of it, I will continue on and get the rest.

Thanks again.