• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega SignBoard with Oracal 3551RA

bendeane

Hey Everybody...it's insanely cold here in KC.

Anyway, I have some Omega SignBoard and some Oracal 3551RA I'm printing on and trying to apply to it. It is supposed to have that Air Regress feature but I'm having huge problems installing this stuff. I'm printing a graphic to completely cover the signboard and I'm not having any luck putting this stuff on very smoothly. Any suggestions, other recommend vinyls, tips or tricks you might have would be awesome.

Thanks,
Ben

bendeane

No. But I think I may have found a solution. There is the control tac (3M), RS (Avery), or Command Form (Oracal) feature that might be better suited for this type of application. I'm gonna try it (I have a sample roll) and I'll let you know how it works.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Have you considered using a less expensive material since your not laminating and applying on a flat substrate?

bendeane

I'm still a novice, but will laminating make it easier to work with because it will make the overall material thicker? I've not done much with applying ad-back vinyl, doing mostly banner materials, pop-up, mesh, window perf, etc.

Charlie J

I'm still a novice, but will laminating make it easier to work with because it will make the overall material thicker? I've not done much with applying ad-back vinyl, doing mostly banner materials, pop-up, mesh, window perf, etc.

Yes. Makes it WAY easier.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
laminate...get some rapid tac...and a window squeegee.....soak down the substrate...slap on the vinyl....soak the top of the print and start from the center out with the squeegee.....i've done countless 4x8 sheets like this....