• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

One color changes depending on the file

IsItFasst

I can't figure this one out. I have a silver I added to my color chart (many years ago) but some random files when I try to use it the color converts to a tan color just in the software. I'm pretty sure it prints as silver but if I'm trying to preview the image for a customer it doesn't look right. It even changes the color on the swatch until I restart Flexi. Even with the color looking wrong on the swatch table if I'm in another file and select that color the Fill/stroke editor shows the right color. In my attachment that is the exact same color just in two different files. I have even managed to fix this color in some old files but not exactly sure how I did it. Any idea what causes this or a fix for it?

Attachments

• silver switch.jpg
    silver switch.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 153

Evan Gillette

Are you using softproofing? What are your color settings. I would recommend you watch the recent webinar by mark rugen available from mutoh (should be on youtube now) about color settings and profiles.

IsItFasst

Are you using softproofing? What are your color settings. I would recommend you watch the recent webinar by mark rugen available from mutoh (should be on youtube now) about color settings and profiles.
Softproofing oddly doesn't change the color of the silver in either file but will make the black washed out. I may update this with the file (once I run across the issue again) so I can upload it here to see if it acts odd for others. If it matters the color that is giving me issues is a LAB color. Just odd that it is so random.