• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

One Name - 1000 different logos

Andy D

I'm working on a layout for a construction company, they sent me the logo the want to use, but I googled them to see if I could find a cleaner file... I never heard of this company before, but there are literally hundreds of companies, most construction related, with the same name and many have top-end logos that are unique from the others.
I might create a sheet out of these logos, just to show customers, who want a logo created, to see what kind of look they're leaning towards before I get started.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ape...37&biw=1920&rlz=1C1ASUM_enUS815US815&safe=off

Andy D

Or worse yet (not that I would include it in the choices) they come across this logo and
want something just like it:

Black-Red-White-150px-high.png

Andy D

To me , it shows that the company is a "construction" company. I am just not seeing how it shows they're "untalented"?

Maybe a constructing greek monster...People see that logo and think "One guy and his truck", a large company would never have a logo like that.
A effective logo is clean, simple & you can actually read the name of the company.

jimbug72

To me , it shows that the company is a "construction" company. I am just not seeing how it shows they're "untalented"?
Okay, maybe untalented was unfair. Clueless might have been a better choice.
First, the whole design is just kinda weird. Then, there's the word APEX. While the execution of the lettering is pretty cool, if I didn't know from the post it was APEX Construction I wouldn't have had a clue what that top word was. Even if I had eventually figured it out, it's still bad logo design. You shouldn't need to "figure out" the company's name from the logo.Then, there's the fact that the whole thing is just kinda weird. Add to that the fact that the house, although pretty well drawn is kinda weird looking with the perspective, and adding the arms, although pretty well drawn, looks kinda weird. Then there's the fact that the whole thing looks kinda weird. The font for construction isn't one I would have chosen for the design but adding that upward arc give the whole shebang a little more of a weird looking vibe IMO.

To be honest, I would have looked at that logo, thought it was a Russian company based on the "APEX" portion because I wouldn't have known it was "APEX" and then thought, "Man, those Russians sure are weird."

peerlessdani

Okay, maybe untalented was unfair. Clueless might have been a better choice.
First, the whole design is just kinda weird. Then, there's the word APEX. While the execution of the lettering is pretty cool, if I didn't know from the post it was APEX Construction I wouldn't have had a clue what that top word was. Even if I had eventually figured it out, it's still bad logo design. You shouldn't need to "figure out" the company's name from the logo.Then, there's the fact that the whole thing is just kinda weird. Add to that the fact that the house, although pretty well drawn is kinda weird looking with the perspective, and adding the arms, although pretty well drawn, looks kinda weird. Then there's the fact that the whole thing looks kinda weird. The font for construction isn't one I would have chosen for the design but adding that upward arc give the whole shebang a little more of a weird looking vibe IMO.

To be honest, I would have looked at that logo, thought it was a Russian company based on the "APEX" portion because I wouldn't have known it was "APEX" and then thought, "Man, those Russians sure are weird."
Yes, I actually see how it's more on the "unprofessional" side now that I spent more time looking at it LOL.

JetPress

Or worse yet (not that I would include it in the choices) they come across this logo and

Looks like something I would see on an old local punk/metal shirt. Just need a little bit of blood and the smell of someone who hasn't showered in days.

RebelGraphics

Clearly one of those logos created by the owner or a family member. Designer just went with the flow to collect his paycheck.

signbrad

they come across this logo and

I call this style of design "Retro Corny." And the cartoon looks suspiciously like pieces of clipart that have been forced to mate. Printed in a single color, this may be next to illegible because of the red with the black shade (a historical favorite color combo of clients). And is it one word. "APEX," or two words, "AP" and "EX?" A little gap-toothed in the middle? But it would win a prize in a symmetry contest. Clients love symmetry, don't they? What if there had been (gasp) only one hammer? Or, try this—put words on a slant on one side of a van and watch them go nuts trying to figure out which way it should slant on the other side so that it will, you know, match.

Of course, it's a fun sport to poke fun at design work. Unless you're the pokee.

I do like Johnny's design, though. Clean and modern-looking. And no hammers. thank god.

Snarky in Kansas City,
Brad

Indecently hot here. But I'm gonna ride tonight, anyway. Trying to drop the numbers on my weight and my glucose, and keep the doctor from thinking I'm a lazy, fat slob.