• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

One Shot Mt Gold Vs Mt Brass

graphics guru

I occasionally in 23 years will do a sandblasted HDU..i mainly do regular signage and vehicle wraps ...did a sign for a B&& Black with 22K Sign Gold overlay Satin.
AMong other things the customer felt it was too flashy when done even though i showed them samples...peeling off the old original as best i could i am now going with hand painting the lettering with One Shot Mt Gold or Brass...i know for longevity it will need some clear coat with UV inhibitors. I have had great success in normal signange and even window perf film with over coating with Clear Shield Gloss...i have perf film up on store front applications that have been up for 5 years or more with little to no color loss...so i am considering Clear Shield but harken back to the old adage ...dont do waterbased over oil based" Any thoughts or should i stick with Frog Juice or UPOL UV Clear which is a german based rattle can clear coat spray u can get a your auto paint supply house...input would be nice

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Clear Shield makes solvent clears. I know, I have it. Both cans and sprays.