• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"OnPrintShop" B2C / B2B software

bluehammer

Does anyone have any experience with OnPrintShop software? Im looking to give it a shot instead of building out a commerce site myself.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We use OnPrintShop too. There are alot of great features and a few so so things. If you are like us that deal with a lot of custom, you may want to look in to their enterprise plans as they have a lot of customizability.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We're constantly doing customizations. They are very very reasonable when it comes to these costs.

FireSprint.com

I assume we're on their top tier. We broke away from the plan structure with all our customizations. I think we pay around $500 a month. A lot of that is for additional storage and a faster server (AWS) because of the order volume and file storage needs we have. It really is a great value.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I assume we're on their top tier. We broke away from the plan structure with all our customizations. I think we pay around $500 a month. A lot of that is for additional storage and a faster server (AWS) because of the order volume and file storage needs we have. It really is a great value.
That's not much more than we pay, do you get the automatic hot folder scripting on your service?

FireSprint.com

No, we bring everything into FileMaker through the API, then send it through our system from there. I don't think we we signed up 4 years ago that was a thing. Can you go into more detail about what that does for you?

FireSprint.com

We could very well be getting a deal. Generally software subscription companies grandfather in older customer's pricing. My guess is if we signed up today for what we are getting we would be paying more.

We have never had a price increase just for sake of an increase. Every time our price goes up, or we pay additional for something, we asked for more features, bandwidth, etc and they outlined what that would cost before we proceeded.

Christian @ 2CT Media

For us the hot folder auto scripting will automatically create a folder on our cloud drive, and load the order ticket, image files, and instructions CSV/XML. Right now we have to manually transfer.

With their API you are able to move files?

FireSprint.com

So we bring the artwork into our Filemaker system using the URLs provided by the API. We also recently had them custom code the ability to replace the customer artwork using the API. This allows us to put preflighted artwork in it's place so we're ready for a reorder. There isn't much in the way of "moving" files other than that.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Had a client that required web-to-print for high volume, variable data large format work. I explained to the web vendor my need to have their software run on a server at my place. It didn't take much for them to understand and oblige. They sent a server that they could admin remotely from their location in Canada and the entire setup worked well with large files, Onyx, FileMaker, and WorldShip.