• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 12.2 and summa marks

CanuckSigns

I've run across a bit of a unique problem with our summa f1612. When we are using the router to cut out thicker black substrates (black pvc, 6mm ACM etc) the camera will often mistake the end point of a segment as a crop mark, which makes sense since it looks like a 5mm black circle and it's right beside the actual crop mark.

The 1612 has the option to read Square crop marks, however I don't see it as an option in onyx 12.2, I know I can use the plug in to generate the marks, but it's much better for my workflow to have onyx handle the nesting and print the cropmarks and barcode.

Is square crop marks an option for the F series in newer versions of onyx? Does anyone else have a work around? Would selecting a summa roll cutter with square marks be an option to then cut on the 1612?

Cheers!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
No and no.

I think you can make it so that you have to confirm every mark? But then you must sit there all day.

CanuckSigns

No and no.

I think you can make it so that you have to confirm every mark? But then you must sit there all day.
Well that stinks! you would think Onyx would give the option of mark type, oh well.

Do you happen to know how to make go produce confirm every mark before cutting? I wouldn;t mind having to do that on some jobs, especially $150 sheets of PVC.

Thanks!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I came up with another idea. I think in go produce you can remove the marks that bring you issues. So it will still be accurate using rest of the marks, just take out the bad ones.

CanuckSigns

I came up with another idea. I think in go produce you can remove the marks that bring you issues. So it will still be accurate using rest of the marks, just take out the bad ones.
I'll try this next time, however I don't think you can delete crop marks that fall on a segmentation line, which is where the issue happens.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I'll try this next time, however I don't think you can delete crop marks that fall on a segmentation line, which is where the issue happens.
I think you can delete any of them, no matter where it's at. It should be able to cut with just two marks somewhat accurate.
But I could be wrong, can't try it now.