• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 12 and FC9000

unclebun

Our old Mimaki plotter is showing signs of shooting craps, and I'm looking at a new Graphtec FC9000. We use Onyx Production House 12. The salesman is telling me I'll need to update my Onyx to use the new plotter. He won't say definitely that we can't cut with v12, but is just leaving it open-ended about "drivers won't be available". Is anybody using an older version of Onyx with an FC9000?

I was hoping to stick with Onyx 12 until we replace the printer.

Joe House

It likely won't work with the older software. Barcode won't work for sure. You can generally do cut only with older drivers, but when the computer needs to "hear back" from the plotter - as in reading crop marks or bar codes - you have to have the driver specific to that model of plotter.

Good Luck

ikarasu

Print and cut won't work. You can manually.make files.in cutting master as mentioned.. But I can confirm onyx won't see the 9000. We couldn't until we upgraded