• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 21.1 announced

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Excited about the PDF soft proof and and improvement in the swatchbooks is good.

I hope they fix the fotoba marks though,

Saturn

Aging Member
Bought a 80600 and learned quickly that no version of 21 (gamaprint, go sub., postershop, thrive) could dependably do Summa barcodes...

21.1 is supposed to solve this apparently.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Which Fotoba marks are you having issues with Pauly?
I know at least one issue was resolved in 21.0.1 where if you tried to add space above a job the marks would go in the wrong place.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Bought a 80600 and learned quickly that no version of 21 (gamaprint, go sub., postershop, thrive) could dependably do Summa barcodes...

Did you install the fixed driver?
I know at least 10 places using 21.0 and Summa with no prob.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I know at least one issue was resolved in 21.0.1 where if you tried to add space above a job the marks would go in the wrong place.

When doing 2up, having the double cut lines all around the image, where you would rather have no lines.

(i dont have it yet, apparently next week)

But it's a known issue with onyx for years.

jasonx

Have they fixed those Fotoba marks yet? Just need to copy the caldera setup. Being able to have the mark information in a preset/quickset would be better too.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Have they fixed those Fotoba marks yet? Just need to copy the caldera setup. Being able to have the mark information in a preset/quickset would be better too.
Nope.
only changes was adding PDF soft proofing. new labeling, updated tiling and swatchbooks.

Saturn

Aging Member
Did you install the fixed driver?
I know at least 10 places using 21.0 and Summa with no prob.
I talked with two tech folks at Onyx and both indicated that even with the available patches before 21.1 that none of their Ver. 21 software would be 100% dependable for Summa barcodes—They suggested going to Gamaprint 19, which is what I did, which also needed the Summa driver "patch".

jfiscus

Rap Master

I talked with two tech folks at Onyx and both indicated that even with the available patches before 21.1 that none of their Ver. 21 software would be 100% dependable for Summa barcodes—They suggested going to Gamaprint 19, which is what I did, which also needed the Summa driver "patch".
I hope they get these plotter issues fixed soon. We just purchased a new Graphtec FC9000 and have had nothing but issues with it and Onyx. When it works, it is awesome, but we've thrown away around 4-5 rolls worth of printed/laminated 180c due to RIP issues losing the barcodes in CutServer after having to patch/repair/reinstall the plotter...

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I hope they get these plotter issues fixed soon. We just purchased a new Graphtec FC9000 and have had nothing but issues with it and Onyx. When it works, it is awesome, but we've thrown away around 4-5 rolls worth of printed/laminated 180c due to RIP issues losing the barcodes in CutServer after having to patch/repair/reinstall the plotter...
Next time backup the cutjobs from your \Onyx\ folder before you have to do something like that.
Then you can restore them.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Next time backup the cutjobs from your \Onyx\ folder before you have to do something like that.
Then you can restore them.
We did, even if they're in there, when you upgrade they don't cut correctly if it communicates correctly. Fun fun!

Pauly

Printrade.com.au

I noticed they did add extra Fotoba mark features. (mentioned in the release notes)
They added an extra option in the Fotoba marks. Now you can choose either Custom, XLD/XLE and XLA. once selected, more options show up. So now when doing nested jobs as 2 up, you have the option to remove the vertical line between the images. That means you can actually use a double cut blade and cut both images with the right bleed.
and the XLA options will generate dynamic barcodes so the machine knows where to cut and when to change the slitters.