• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx 22 Barcode Cutting with FC9000-140 - Specify Cut Path Directions?

bootlegcraig

Hi everyone! Printing on an Epson S60600 and using Onyx 22 Gamma Print as my rip. When cutting with barcode on my Graphtec - is there a way to specify the path(s) the cutter takes? I know there's a "cut paths" box in cut server, but it's just an on/off without any real instruction or information.

I've read the recent thread regarding "F" and "R" barcodes, and in some instances I need to cut with the rear barcode first (sometimes due to laminate, sometimes because I messed up and that's the only barcode left). When using the rear barcode, the cutter still cuts as if the media were forward facing, but backwards. For example, when cutting "normally" (with F barcode) it will cut from very front right of the vinyl - first row, right to left, then feed the media forward to begin the next row, right to left again (although I wish it just did alternating rows as left to right would be far less carriage travel). When using Rear barcode it will cut from rear left coner of the given reg marks it's working in, cut left to right, then pull the media back to cut the next row.

I'd like the cutter to perform the cuts in the same pattern (front right, to left, repeat) regardless of which barcode it scans. Cutting "backward" causes the rollers to sometimes pop out a graphic and despite my best efforts, I haven't found a solution. I really hope I explained that well.... Does anyone have any advice (OTHER than "just use flexi", lol) ???

TLDR: "F" Barcode cuts right to left, front to rear. "R" barcode cuts left to right, rear to front. How do I cut "R" the same as "F"?

TIA

Last edited:

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I think this was mentioned on here a little while ago... you might be able to rotate the cut job 180 degrees and it should start cutting from the "front" of the machine again.
I think I brought this up and Ikarasu confirmed, but not 100% sure.

bootlegcraig

I think this was mentioned on here a little while ago... you might be able to rotate the cut job 180 degrees and it should start cutting from the "front" of the machine again.
I think I brought this up and Ikarasu confirmed, but not 100% sure.
Thanks for the reply. I tried this (rotating cut file in Cut Server 180 degrees, saving and scanning barcode) and it still cut left to right, rear to front. ikarasu - any insight?

Rollout

Thanks for the reply. I tried this (rotating cut file in Cut Server 180 degrees, saving and scanning barcode) and it still cut left to right, rear to front. ikarasu - any insight?
Having the same problem here and rotating 180 in cut server doesn't help...
Have you been able to figure this out?
The only way I can find around it is to re-roll the entire roll the other direction, which seems ridiculous...