• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Onyx and Epson SC s80600

Carlos Lousada

You recently purchased an Epson SC s80600 and comes with the same Rip Onyx 18.
I notice a very good color difference, but in red it doesn't seem like a strong red.
What media settings you recommend and their color profiles.
I use Substance material, currently using 12 pass.

Any suggestion ?
Thank you!

klingsdesigns

Print a color chart of your swatches in your design program and then you know exactly what each color will print like.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Are you using CMYK or RGB reds?

We get faaaaaar better output with RGB reds. We design nearly everything in RGB these days as the S80600 can print much wider than CMYK gamut.
You can also install the Epson wide gamut profile called EpsonWideCMYK_Ver2.icc which can help printing difficult CMYK colours.

If you have installed the Epson Dashboard software, this file should be located in:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Epson\Control Dashboard\Profile

swordguy3222

I never liked the rip that came with mine, we use ColorGate for our rip and the colours we get is insane even using cmyk. Plus I made my own profiles using i1 tool, that could also help. If you can replace the software and make custom profile.

petit

You recently purchased an Epson SC s80600 and comes with the same Rip Onyx 18.
I notice a very good color difference, but in red it doesn't seem like a strong red.
What media settings you recommend and their color profiles.
I use Substance material, currently using 12 pass.

Any suggestion ?
Thank you!
Hy we are using substance printing vinyl and recently bought a 80600 and we are facing the same problem, also with the green. Can't get a GREEN KAWASAKI or Bright Red. We have tried different conbinations in setting the media in ONYX with passes but didn't solve the problem. Still searching.