• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Onyx automatic image resize

msenjur

hello!

how can i stop onyx to automatic resize file? it always resize it to smaller image... so it would fit media.

but where is the logic? what is more importat? the right size of image, like the client orederd, or that it fits to media???

thanks for reply!

czar2178

I don't know if i am any help with this as i don't use onyx. But with rip software's there is always an option to scale to fit you might have that checked off or in the preference section of the software and that is why it is always happening.

msenjur

i have another question...

when printing panels/tiles, how to set marks to show overlap? when i check zero line tile mark, there are marks in print area... how come? why? i need it on the outside of print area

Bly

We do a lot of tiled jobs.
We don't worry about any marks.
Set the overlap and just tell the installer how much.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
We do a lot of tiled jobs.
We don't worry about any marks.
Set the overlap and just tell the installer how much.

And if you always keep it the same, makes it easier for the installer.

Dan360

If your image is wider than the media, you sometimes need to rotate it and it will be the right size unless you need to tile the job. Not sure if 10 does it, but in 11 there is the rotate option when importing files. Or you can open it in job editor and rotate it there.

I think this happens for certain types of files. I know it doesn't always happen for us but occasionally. It was never much of issue for us cuz it's a quick fix.

RJB Freethink

I don't know if this question was ever answered but I am relatively new to large format printing and running Onyx 11 and ran into this same problem. Nearly every file I was ripping would get resized to letter paper size and I couldn't figure out why. I finally found enough info to get me in the right direction and I fixed the problem.

In the Quick Sets there is an option for resizing. It was checked to change width to 8.5". I checked Source instead and get exactly what I open in Onyx now.

Just thought I'd answer the question, even though it is 5 years old, in case someone else runs into this problem and can't figure out how to fix it.