• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Cut Server - Not cutting entire file

Goatshaver

I'm trying to narrow down my cutting issues and doing different tests. I sent a cut file from Onyx Cut Server to my Summa D140 and it started the cuts but only did half of the job. I normally use the barcode server and just load up all my jobs and that works fine.

Not sure why it would just cut half of the job. Had a sheet with 12 - 2inch circles and it only cut 5 of them??!

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Replace the planar cable.
Try shutting down the cutter for a minute, then turn it back on and resend same job. If that works it's the cable.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
It doesn't do it when I run barcode server for it or when I use WinPlot. It's only when I have Onyx initiate the cutting process. It's highly unlikely it's the cutter that's causing it. It's something with Onyx.
Sounds like there not communicating fully.
Try Reinstalling Onyx

ikarasu

Does it give you an error?

In cut server do you see all 12 circles? And does it list the correct size under scale?

What happens if you delete the 5 circles it cut and re-send the file? (You can select cut lines and delete them... when it asks you to save the file, just tell it no)

If you rotate the vinyl and load it backwards, and tell onyx to cut 180 degrees... does it still only cut the first 5 circles, or does it cut different ones?

Are all the cut lines on one layer, and is every cut layer checked to cut in onyx?

RG

I had the exact same problem with a new Summa D120 and Flexi 11. My problem was fixed when I updated everything in Windows 7. I hadn't updated in years.

Goatshaver

Does it give you an error?

In cut server do you see all 12 circles? And does it list the correct size under scale?

What happens if you delete the 5 circles it cut and re-send the file? (You can select cut lines and delete them... when it asks you to save the file, just tell it no)

If you rotate the vinyl and load it backwards, and tell onyx to cut 180 degrees... does it still only cut the first 5 circles, or does it cut different ones?

Are all the cut lines on one layer, and is every cut layer checked to cut in onyx?

Yes it shows the all the cuts. I'm not sure if I tried turning any off in that case to see if it still only cut half.

I'll have to try that a couple of those things. It just seems odd that one way of cutting it doesn't work.

pkeshtgani

Check to see if this is not enabled. I had the same issue
Cut Server > Summa setting (left side gear icon) > enable roll server.

It’s a known issue with Summa and Onyx