• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx doesn't see network drives

Mega-Tech

So we ended up buying Onyx Postershop, got it all setup and tested it with some files on the desktop. We got busy and kept using Flexi until it slowed down a bit.

One issue I ran into right away is that Onyx won't see any mapped network drives. The only way I can rip is if I copy the file to my local computer.

What program in this modern age doesn't see network drives?! Anyone run into this issue and found a workaround?

Thank you!

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
  1. In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
  2. Right-click Configuration, click New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
  3. Name the new registry entry as EnableLinkedConnections.
  4. Double-click the EnableLinkedConnections registry entry.
  5. In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, type 1 in the Value data field, and then click OK.
  6. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
I think this is what fixed it for us.

Bly

I think I had that issue when running the app as administrator.
If you're doing that try just running as a user.

Mega-Tech

1. In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
  2. Right-click Configuration, click New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
  3. Name the new registry entry as EnableLinkedConnections.
  4. Double-click the EnableLinkedConnections registry entry.
  5. In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, type 1 in the Value data field, and then click OK.
  6. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
I think this is what fixed it for us.

Much appreciated! That worked perfectly!

twister

Worked for me as well with Onyx21 Postershop when upgrading from version 12. I could see the network fine with old version but after upgrade I lost the mapped drive. The registry edit above fixed the issue.

StikiBiz

So we ended up buying Onyx Postershop, got it all setup and tested it with some files on the desktop. We got busy and kept using Flexi until it slowed down a bit.

One issue I ran into right away is that Onyx won't see any mapped network drives. The only way I can rip is if I copy the file to my local computer.

What program in this modern age doesn't see network drives?! Anyone run into this issue and found a workaround?

Thank you!
Have you got Onyx running as Administrator? That could be your problem