• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx GamaPrint or Onyx Thrive?

Zakk

I am buying a new Epson S40600 which obviously comes with GamaPrint, but I have the option to upgrade to Thrive with the order. Is the upgrade worth it? I cannot seem to find any info on the differences and would love to hear opinions based on real world experience.
We print all sorts of different things including wraps, banners, small and large decals, wall coverings, etc... We will use it with the Epson and a Graphtec cutter.

Joe House

Upgrade to Thrive. Gamma Print is a minimal RIP and you'll run into "How to" questions sooner than later where the answer would be to Upgrade to Thrive. Do it now and you won't be sorry.

Good Luck

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
We went right for thrive and it’s great. An absolute world away from rasterlink 6 which isn’t even worth the money when it comes for free!

what’s actually missing from the other versions?

Joe House

I don't remember as it's been a long time for me to use Gamma Print, but if I remember right, its little niceties like better control over panels - things like that. Yes, you can get by with out them and print a lot of stuff, but life is easier with those things. I looked quickly and couldn't find a comparison table for the two, so I can't really address the question with any confidence, so prefer to stay vague, I just know that Thrive kicks GP any day.

Zakk

Upgrade to Thrive. Gamma Print is a minimal RIP and you'll run into "How to" questions sooner than later where the answer would be to Upgrade to Thrive. Do it now and you won't be sorry.

Good Luck
I appreciate you taking the time to reply, but can you give me ay details whatsoever? It is a hefty upgrade cost so I really want to know what the specific advantages are. I don't mind spending money, but I hate wasting. It. Thanks again.

lora

I recently bought an S40600 with GamaPrint as well. When I open a pdf file, previously saved from .ai vector in Illustrator, it becomes slightly pixelated, looks like teeth from hacksaw. And further more, the pixelation transfers to my actual print. Did anyone experience similar issues?