• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mim

0_o
Hi all, I'm pretty new to the vinyl/printing world. The programs we work with are Gerber>Onyx GamaPrint RipQueue>SureColor 80600. I would prefer something besides Gerber but I'm working with what we have.

I'm trying to print an image with white behind it. I finally figured out how to print white but this next step is a bit confusing.

Any instructions would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Screenshot_20210805-183319.jpg

mim

0_o
I've seen this tutorial online however I'm not sure where the job editor is. None of the programs I have from Onyx look like this. Here's what I have:

Attachments

• onyx programs.png
    onyx programs.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 184

mim

0_o
There's the GamaPrint Layout program but I don't see any options about layers or spot colors. I feel like I'm just missing something o_O

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You open the RIP-queue and open the job there like any other job. Then you can right click that -> job editor.
There's many ways...

Who ever sold you that printer and rip gave you terrible training on it...

mim

0_o
The training was not great. He didn't go over printing white at all and said he would have to come back to train for that.

Here are the options I get when I right click a job. Ignore all the mixed up stuff in the background, I just took some screenshots as an example.

Attachments

• Gamaprint right click.png
    Gamaprint right click.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 242
  • Job properties.png
    Job properties.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I'm wondering if the installer didn't select to install job editor or if gamaprint actually doesn't have it, I don't know. Someone else could confirm.

Yeeeah Im thinking your installer guy for whatever reason didn't want to install job editor... Which I just don't understand why he would do so...

You can relaunch the gamaprint installer and just click through it, select repair and you can select to install Job editor.

You won't lose anything and everything else will stay the same. It will just add the job editor for you.

Last edited: