• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Job Not Printing After Ripped?

mudmedia

Server is starting...
Server is now running...
Server is Now Shut Down!
Server is starting...
Server is now running...
Copying X10_Gradient_Test.eps to C:\ONYX10\WORK\EPSON STYLUS PRO GS6000\X10_Gradient_Test.PS.
Rendering Preview for 'X10_Gradient_Test'
Processing to print 'X10_Gradient_Test'...
Image ripped correctly
Printing 1 copies of C:\ONYX10\WORK\EPSON STYLUS PRO GS6000\X10_Gradient_Test.WaitPrint
*** Epson Stylus Pro GS6000 Info : ***Error - cannot start print!
Buffering C:\ONYX10\WORK\EPSON STYLUS PRO GS6000\X10_Gradient_Test.Printing to C:\ONYX10\WORK\EPSON STYLUS PRO GS6000\X10_Gradient_Test.Buffered
Server is Now Shut Down!
Running Printer Config...
Server is starting...
Server is now running...
Processing to print 1 copies of 'Photo_Quality_Test_RGB'...
Printing 1 copies of C:\ONYX10\WORK\EPSON STYLUS PRO GS6000\Photo_Quality_Test_RGB.WaitPrint
*** Epson Stylus Pro GS6000 Info : ***Error - cannot start print!
Buffering C:\ONYX10\WORK\EPSON STYLUS PRO GS6000\Photo_Quality_Test_RGB.Printing to C:\ONYX10\WORK\EPSON STYLUS PRO GS6000\Photo_Quality_Test_RGB.Buffered

Here is what it does in the console...I restarted everything downloaded epson utility and still same thing.

Bly

File > Manage printers > Epson GS6000 > Configure > Device > Config port >TCPIP > Configure

What have you selected in the Data type or Port name dropdown?

mudmedia

Data Type: escp2

ip address: 169.254.231.208

when clicked test in green letters says Valid IP Address found

Bly

Data Type: escp2

ip address: 169.254.231.208

when clicked test in green letters says Valid IP Address found

It's not that then. hmm

Can you access customer support at Onyx?

Although I've not found them to be very helpful TBH.

The fact it is running printer config might show the printer hasn't installed properly.
Maybe delete the printer, download the printer install files again and reinstall?

mudmedia

Well...After reinstalling the drivers and reinstalling I think I finally got it..Which is good cause I was about ready to chuck thing out the window...THanks for all your guyses help and all the suggestions...Hopefully we are up and running...Now I gotta get profiling oh boy

IronHawk

Another thing you could do is to go into your Onyx folder on your C: drive, then go into the "Work" folder. There you will see all of the jobs in the buffer for your printer. At the bare minimum, find the job that is giving you the issue and delete the files (especially the Onyx file) for that job. I believe that you mentioned you've had a couple do this to you now. If you can, I'd clear the folder and then reopen in Preflight.

IronHawk

Nothing like a timely response, eh? Started the last post, had to step away, came back finished, posted and then found out your problem had already been solved.

Hopefully that does it for you. :thumb:

BPI Color

I can only think of one reason why you had to reinstall. I run Onyx 7.3.2.; not 10 like you have. It does not play well with anti-virus. After my last reinstall, I talked to our IT guy about his network maintenance schedule. Now, I make sure Onyx is shut-down when any system maintenance is scheduled. Haven't had a problem since.

mudmedia

BPI I got it figured out thanks for all the input now having profiling issues to hit the colors I am needing...Oh the joys

Ben F

Epson sure colour and Onyx software Printer resetting half way through prints

I have a Epson sure colour s30670 and use Onyx gama print S series edition. I have had some issues recently where the print will stop at about the 4 - 5 ' mark and say "printer resetting" then just stop and it goes back to the regualr menu.. I ve done multiple prints and same thing, started with PDF file that had lots of colour and gradient then also had issues with JPG files also. I tried to clear all the files in the buffer area in the rip que and it still does it on a pdf file. I did have luck with a smaller jpg file but the pdf is only a few mbs ? ANy ideas would help

timgo

Graphics Designer
Remove onyx and install it again.

I have a Epson sure colour s30670 and use Onyx gama print S series edition. I have had some issues recently where the print will stop at about the 4 - 5 ' mark and say "printer resetting" then just stop and it goes back to the regualr menu.. I ve done multiple prints and same thing, started with PDF file that had lots of colour and gradient then also had issues with JPG files also. I tried to clear all the files in the buffer area in the rip que and it still does it on a pdf file. I did have luck with a smaller jpg file but the pdf is only a few mbs ? ANy ideas would help

Remove onyx and install it again.

klmiller611

Another thing you could do is to go into your Onyx folder on your C: drive, then go into the "Work" folder. There you will see all of the jobs in the buffer for your printer. At the bare minimum, find the job that is giving you the issue and delete the files (especially the Onyx file) for that job. I believe that you mentioned you've had a couple do this to you now. If you can, I'd clear the folder and then reopen in Preflight.

Even with the issue solved, this technique is also one that I've had to use more than a few times. In addition, having stuff done with gradients and masks in late or newer version of Illustrator or InDesign will generate a file that is not kind to RIP. I just had one job in of 30 different signs as PDFs, all client provided (and really ugly!) I couldn't even get them to print to the network laser printer to have samples to check with. I had to end up opening everyone in Photoshop and save as a JPEG to make them print. The files were done in Windows Illustrator Version 6, with all kinds of gradients, radial fills, placed files, etc. etc. Onyx just does not like it.

Best
Ken

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
People need to stop knocking onyx. It's actually a good piece of software if used correctly.
Great colour management tools.
Job editor has great tools. There's nothing in there i wish i ever needed.

X12 (or 12.1) is a good upgrade from x10.

Glad you found your issue. I've had something similar happen. usually media to large. or after a printer has restarted.