• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx just staring at me

TheSnowman

I am trying to trouble shoot what is going on with my Onyx. I had to format my hard drive about a month ago, so I'm now running the "Production House 7". It seemed to be stable for the most part until right now. I loaded a file into it, and it didn't open in PreFlight, it didn't render it, and I can't delete it or do anything with the file.

When I try to close out and restart, it then tells me that there is already a version of it running, so I open up the Task Manager, and look through there, and I see that it's still running, and taking up 50% of my processing. Does this make sense to anyone? I'm waiting for Onyx to call me back, but that generally is tomorrow sometime from my previous call to them.

Just wondered if there is a folder where these "rendering" files are stored, where I could go in and delete it and see if it unlocks itself or something like that. I just can't do anything.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Onyx.jpg
    Onyx.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 169

TheSnowman

Ok, now I don't even have it open (except I assume it's running in the background) and I got this from Norton.

attachment.php

Attachments

• File.jpg
    File.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 171

TheSnowman

Yep, I found that folder...and deleted it, all was well then. I actually heard back from Onyx (which is totally awesome). They said that with this version (7.3.2.16) that you can't print to the maximum width on it. They didn't figure that out until they already started on version 10, so there isn't a fix for it, unless I just upgrade to 10. So basically, I just reduced the file I had by an inch, and all was well. That explains why I was able to print everything else this morning.

Hopefully this can help someone else in this same boat, but I'm glad they called me back so quickly and I was only down for an hour or so.

signswi

Kill the postershop instances, delete the job files from the Work folder, restart onyx. Rerip files, print.

And you shouldn't have virus protection like Norton running on your RIP computer, at most run MS Security Essentials. Active anti-virus really slows down RIPs.