• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Onyx - Oce 1280xt alignment issues

Caren Hines

Hi again all.
So, I printed a sign on the flatbed today and the alignment is off. How do I fix this? I use Onyx 21
Thx as always!
Caren

Caren Hines

Attachments

• 20210324_080343.jpg
    20210324_080343.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 140

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Are you sure you are not going too low?
I assume this is bi-dir print mode and that effect comes in carriage movement direction right?

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I just tried it on paper. It's as close as I can get without hitting.
low as you can go? you mean you're typing in the media height on the printer? if for example your media is 0.2mm and you're putting in 0.2mm?

Do the "ship print" from the printers onboard screen. and take a photo of the alignment boxes.

StarSign

Have you tried printing in one direction to see what that looks like. I would also say, and designers hate it when I ask this, have you checked the art just to make sure there is nothing weird going on.

Zog

You will need to realign your printer. Usually done by a technician from OCE... I've had the same issue with my Acuity (same machine, but Fuji branded). Had to have the technician come by and realign the printer. It can be either a software or hardware realignment. It depends in which direction your misalignment is. I may be wrong, but personally, I don't think it's a height issue.The print would then be fuzzy.

Caren Hines

low as you can go? you mean you're typing in the media height on the printer? if for example your media is 0.2mm and you're putting in 0.2mm?

Do the "ship print" from the printers onboard screen. and take a photo of the alignment boxes.

I mean like when I do the printhead test it's at 0.004 so, When I printed a text print on the paper I put in 0.002

Caren Hines

Are you sure you are not going too low?
I assume this is bi-dir print mode and that effect comes in carriage movement direction right?

It is Bi directional .
I also just did an Origin alignment test and it shows that the Cyan is missing some of the dots on the far right
So, I'm assuming It need's to be aligned then? Anyone help to do that whit out calling tech.
as you know they charge an arm and a leg.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Do the ship print.
There's square boxes that print boxes with cyan, magenta, yellow and black. That will show you which head is not aliened and in which direction.
As long as you type in the exact media height in the printer.

As for aligning it yourself. if you don't know what you're doing, i wouldn't go touching it.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Do you have the automated cleaning option on your machine or manually clean it?

If manual, there has been the rare chance that a head has become dislodged and will need a service tech to re-align and calibrate.