• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Onyx Postershop 12

Hamish

I am using Postershop 12 with an HP335. I have two questions if anyone can help.

Postershop seems to take a very long time to update the media when I change rolls on the HP. I sometimes have to close down Postershop and re-open in order to get it to update. Am I missing something?

When I close Postershop it does not release from Task Manager in Windows 10. This means I have to go into Task Manager and end the task (or re boot) before I can re-open it again. Can anyone help?

Dan360

We're having the same issues, usually if I click the printer status (blue bubble with exclamation point in the top right) and close it, it will update the media.

The not closing down properly I still haven't found what causes it since sometimes it's fine and other times it's not.

Hamish

We're having the same issues, usually if I click the printer status (blue bubble with exclamation point in the top right) and close it, it will update the media.

The not closing down properly I still haven't found what causes it since sometimes it's fine and other times it's not.
Thanks, I will try the blue bubble again and check. I have tried so many things I have lost track.

Hamish

Is the printer on your main network? How many devices are on that network, do you know how many switches it goes through?
Five ethernet switches, a wireless hub and about 15 devices plus a few wireless devices. The PC with Postershop and the HP335 are both connected to the same ethernet switch.

Christian @ 2CT Media

The HP Latex are data heavy and super fickle to lost packets. The recommendation for the network topology is to have the print directly connected to the router or have it on a managed switch so you can direct route the computer to the printer vs having to go all the way back to the router then out to the printer. Have you tried updating your driver to the most current?

As for onyx not closing, that has been a common problem since 10, and it's exacerbated on windows 10 when they changed some coding in windows to keep apps alive if it thinks it closed in error. Have you installed all the patches, I know there was a performance patch?

richsweeney

We are running a 360 and 365. And from day one, after we upgraded to onyx 12 we had the same issue of not updating the media. That was 1.5 years ago. Only if I control alt delete and restart onyx will it refresh. This is fine if I am not running a job on the 2nd machine. A recent test I did was to change the media on the printer several times and both printers updated pretty fast. Only after I ran a job and had to change the media the glitch showed up.
I spent hours on the phone with onyx, and they remoted in and checked all our firewall settings. No change.
Called HP and they suggested I plug both the printers and the rip into a common switch, no overall change.
About 2 weeks ago I called HP, and the person I talked to NEVER heard of the problem.
So the latest attempt was to change computers and do a clean install of everything. No overall change.
I had a IT person, login to the web server and turn off ip6 and some other noisy packet settings, and that had no effect.
What a waste of time, do not buy onyx errrrrrr.

ikarasu

It's a Latex issue, not an onyx one - Although maybe its only relevant in onyx.

If your machine goes to sleep... onyx will no longer be able to read from it, and you'll have to end task like you said.

You CAN still send prints to it - just select your media manually and size manually and hit print... it'll still go. Just something to do with HP's automatic updates prevents it from reading after the printers been asleep.. Yes it's a pain in the ass, and I wish it got fixed... but I wouldnt say never buy onyx, to me it's most likely a Latex issue as it's the only machines I've ever had the issue with... Not sure if flexi does it, but I cant stand flexi so I only boot it up for the traffic stuff.

greysquirrel

Just turn your power setting in Windows to performance and never sleep...issue goes away. HP caught all of the rip company's off guard with the 365. Typically a rip want to control the printer. HP said no way with this series. The printer now dictates to the rip. V10-12 Onyx and other rips were playing catch up and patching...as the HP evolved so did the Rips...Onyx is now on v19...I know nobody likes to pay for upgrades, but the rip manufacturers are always upgrading to keep pace with printer manufacturers and software like Adobe...