• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Onyx Postershop 18 RIP rendering ripping slow

I noticed when I sent jobs to print on my Onyx 12 it ripped within seconds. It would automatically start printing. It was awesome. But now that I upgraded to 18, the ripping/rendering time is long. Why is this?

I'm printing on a HP Latex 360

Bert Wondervan

I noticed when I sent jobs to print on my Onyx 12 it ripped within seconds. It would automatically start printing. It was awesome. But now that I upgraded to 18, the ripping/rendering time is long. Why is this?

I'm printing on a HP Latex 360

For the best result, you have to remove and reinstall Onyx already installed, (CLEAN INSTALL).
1- remove installed program.
2- Install Onyx 12
3- upgrade to version 18.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We have experienced the same issues with slower ripping. In 12 we could RIP 53"×1773" files in 25s now it takes 15mins. Our computer is a current generation Intel i5 with 64gb ram all nvme ssds.

We have our 12 on a 6th gen core i7 with 32gb and standard SSDs and it out performs our new computer.