• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx postershop 7.0

Ditchmiester

We just bought a used ColorSpan 72UVR and it came with onyx 6.5 and an upgrade to 7.0 that they had never used. I've never used onyx so I'm wondering which version should I use to run this printer.

Ditchmiester

DOes Onyx use a Dongle or a software key code to activate it. When we purchased the Printer it came with an unopened box for Onyx 7.0 but there was not a dongle in the package. Would it have come with their first version which was 6.5?

genericname

We found the same thing. Picked up 6.5 and an untouched 7 from the same guy. 7 had no dongle, but something about 6.5 didn't match up to our expectations. I think only 7 had the Ultra drivers or something, can't remember. ANYWAY, install 6.5, upgrade to 7, and use the dongle that was associated with 6.5. No problems.

Ditchmiester

Okay sounds good. I contacted the guy today and he shipped out the dongle so I should be good to go tomorrow when I get it in. I'm going to be running it on my new Samsung Series 7 Laptop. Its quad core i7 with 8 gigs of ram. Is this a powerful enough computer to run Onyx and rip files for UV printers.

Ditchmiester

So I have received the dongle and I am trying to install it but it says there is an issue with the hardware key. When I try to install Version 7 it tells me my Key is .-1074790400 and to contact my dealer. Any ideas what I should do next?

genericname

Try using the old key. Seriously.

Failing that, do the XP thing as suggested. I switched back from 7 to XP a while ago, and can't remember why, but I know it was due to some kind of RIP compatibility thing.

Ditchmiester

I've tried it on an XP Machine and I get a message about the key not being compatible. I went to onyx's website and found an updated driver for Windows 7 but i'm still getting this error. See image.

Attachments

• Onyx Warning.JPG
    Onyx Warning.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 150

Ditchmiester

I downloaded the HASP driver from Onyx's website. I don't think the key got damaged but I wasn't up there when they packed up the printer and brought it back to our shop. Actually they forgot to give us the dongle and they shipped it to me UPS and it came in a very well packaged box I don't think it would have been damaged from shipping. Version 7 says I don't have the right key, will I need to get a new key from my dealer or can they just update the one I have now?

Ditchmiester

Decided to go ahead with the upgrade to 10.2. Should be a good thing I think. Also advantage through in 3 hours of training. Good thing because I've still never used Onyx.