• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Onyx Postershop vs. PosterJet?

tgraphic

We are a small large format shop running a HP5500. 90% of work is posters, 5% indoor banner, 5% outdoor banner. We are looking into a new RIP. Currently running an old version of Postershop (5.6). Is the new Postershop (x10) worth the upgrade or should we go in another direction?

Any help is much obliged.

Typestries

Our 5500 is running on postershop 6 and I see no real reason to change that. It just works and makes great prints. We have 3 other fully updated versions of onyx/production house for newer machines, hence the higher version. For us it works fine. If you need to blow $2k go ahead but it's not gonna change much if anything at all. And you'll probably have to do an OS, ram, and maybe processor upgrade too so keep that in mind $$ wise.

tgraphic

Thanks for the info Rick.
We've had no problem with the old 5.6 version of Postershop.
It works fine. But we need to update some profiles and Onyx dumps just about all of their old versions in order to get you to blow the 2K.
Any ideas on where we can find a 6.0 or 7.0 version of Postershop?
We are running the 5.6 version on Windows XP and haven't had any issues.

Thanks!

tgraphic

Thanks for the info Rick.
We've had no problem with the old 5.6 version of Postershop.
It works fine. But we need to update some profiles and Onyx dumps just about all of their old versions in order to get you to blow the 2K.
Any ideas on where we can find a 6.0 or 7.0 version of Postershop?
We are running the 5.6 version on Windows XP and haven't had any issues.

Thanks!